chapter five!

genesis jones was absolutely terrified.

the thought of her liking girls struck her like lightning. when sadie explained the feels of a crush, she knew she didn't have that for any boys.

she did realize that she had those feelings for girls.

many, many times.

like in kindergarten, her first ever friend named lucy. whenever gen was around lucy, her heart would get all happy, as would the butterflies in her stomach. this feeling was crushed, as lucy dated peter and completely ditched genesis.

then in the 8th grade, gen met courtney from gym class. the two talked for a while, and gen noticed that she enjoyed her company. so the two hung out more, having sleepovers and such. at the time, gen couldn't explain it, but all she wanted to do what hold courtney. but alas, courtney moved to arizona and the two drifted.

genesis had no other bold memories, except for one.

sadie sink.

gen remembered her grin, her hair, her eyes. just everything about her was so perfect to genesis.

the realization struck once again.

i like girls... plus i have a minor crush on one of them.

"you what?" charlie's voice sounded from the other end.

"it all makes sense now!" gen choked out. "i've never had any interest in guys! and lucy from kindergarten and courtney... a-and sadie." gen was full on sobbing at this point.

"gen, i need you to calm down, okay? you need to calm down." gen nodded, fully aware that charlie couldn't see her. "just take deep breaths." gen did just that, finally calming down. "okay, so i can tell this is stressing you out. babe, if you like girls, that doesn't matter to me. hell, i'm sure it won't matter to anyone important! what matters is that you're genesis jones. you're you. i love you for that. i'm still gonna support you through any decisions you make! and whoever doesn't, well, they can go fuck themselves."

by the end of charlie's monologue, gen decided that she was more grateful for charlie than anything else in the world.

"thank you."

"no problem." the two were silent on the line.

"now tell me about sadie."

-

sadie sink was majorly disappointed.

genesis jones had not showed up at the cafe tuesday. or wednesday. or thursday.

so much for next time.

sadie was almost angry at the girl, but she had to remember that she really had no reason to be. she was probably busy, or maybe she just didn't wanna see sadie.

shut up mind!

just as sadie was losing all hope of ever seeing genesis jones again, there she was. sitting at the same table, reading the same book.

after that friday, the walks home would be a daily routine for the girls. sadie would start her shift, see genesis, be giddy all day, end her shift, walk genesis home, start her walk towards her own home.

sadie didn't want to admit it, but she was getting attached to the girl. and the more attached, the more her feelings grew.

she couldn't help it, all sadie wanted to do was hold her hand, or maybe even kiss the girl. but sadie knew she couldn't. she knew that the girl would have her own happy ending without sadie sink.

-

genesis jones was once again terrified.

as the days went on of her and sadie, the more she felt. the more she felt for her.

she definitely didn't want to admit it. she already admitted to herself that she was gay, but something was holding her back from admitting that maybe she had a crush on the redhead.

visiting the girl everyday became routine for her. she woke up, went to work, went to the small but busy cafe, read until dark, walked home with sadie.

charlie was getting fed up. it was obvious to her that the two liked each other, and she hadn't even met sadie. she encouraged her friend to confess to sadie, but tried to not force too much. she wanted her friend to feel safe, but she also wanted her to hurry up and date sadie.

genesis thought it was impossible for sadie to like her back. she didn't have any plausible reason, she just believed it was impossible. charlie thought that was bullshit.

"just give it a few months, okay? i'll meet her after that, you can meet her friends and we'll see what happens. this would be really good for you gen."

"okay, a few months. but that's it!"