𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙.

𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯
______________________

i felt a light tapping sensation on my upper back, like someone was trying to get my attention.

they must be blind because i'm clearly trying to sleep.

the tapping wasn't rough or particularly harsh, but it was repetitive and constant, which made it increasingly annoying and it starting to get on my nerves.

"bruh, wake up."

i knew my aunt lena didn't use the word 'bruh' and her voice was not that deep, so i concluded that it was omar's dog ass .

"wake up," he whispered again, this time more annoyed, and he continued to tap my back. the very thought and feeling of the incessant tapping in the same spot, and me losing precious sleep, was driving me insane. 

after a few more seconds i couldn't take it anymore and i abruptly snapped my eyes open, and roughly slapped omar's hand away from me and sat up, turning to him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"what?! what the fuck do you want omar? jesus...." i snarled at him, rubbing the crust out of my eyes. when i'm disturbed from my sleep, i am not a friendly person and should not be tested.

omar stood there for a minute, looking at me like i was crazy. "okay. i don't know who the fuck you talking to, but you need to cut that shit out. it's too early in the goddamn morning for that shit."

i rose my eyebrows, taken aback by his response and i glanced over at him for the first time today. he wore a simple, all black fit, which i assumed was what he slept in, because he was wearing shorts and slides, showcasing his various leg tattoos and prominent leg hair. i grimaced. lowkey, he really is a dog.

"hmm, what's got you upset? someone didn't feed you last night?" i joked in a dry voice, laying back down.

i saw him roll his eyes fiercely. "oh, hilarious." he responded sarcastically. "no. now get the fuck up. it's monday and you have to go school. the faster you get ready, the faster i can come back here and sleep. i got shit to do later and i need to rest."

i scoffed and rolled my eyes. if there's one thing we have in common as cousins, it's our undying love for sleep. 

i groaned loudly and dramatically and swung my legs off the bed, putting my face in  my hands. slowly, i got up off the bed and streteched my arms outwards. i opened my eyes to see omar still standing there, staring at his phone.

smacking my teeth, i said, "omar! why you still in here? you'on gotta wait for me." he rolled his eyes in response and walked out my room, mumbling something to himself on the way out. i closed the door behind him. "ole' weird ass."

i had unpacked everything and put most of my stuff away, which took literally all day and didn't go to sleep till late. still, i was glad that most of my stuff was put away or hung up. grabbing my speaker from work desk near the window, i took my phone off the charger and connected it to the speaker, shuffling one of my apple music playlists.

the faint but powerful voice of beyonce rang through the speaker and i smiled a little, already knowing what song it was.

a hard nigga can listen to chill music. it's too early to be listening to any trap music anyway.

the beat dropped and i unconsciously began to bob my head to ella mai's voice. "tell me that you need me, yeah. i'll give it to you night and day." i mouthed the words as i gathered all the stuff i needed to the bathroom, including the speakers.