𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩.

𝘰𝘮𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵 
_____________________

lathan felt his phone buzz in the cup holder as put he slowly put the brakes on when he neared the stoplight.

sighing, he ran his hand over his face, and he picked up the phone and unlocked it seeing the text he'd just received from one of his closest friends, yasmeen.

yasmeen 💁 - 1 attachment
 bitch i'm finna hit up this joint tonight and you comin tf wit me
sent 2:31 p.m.

it was a picture of someone's big party it advertised the usual: alcohol, dancing, food and bitches. it was in the middle of january, and he didn't remember there being any special occasion in school or around town or anything.

he stared at the message and didn't bother to respond. he was feeling to stressed and overwhelmed to go anywhere. it was a friday afternoon, and a tired lathan was on his way home from an extremely long day of school. he had just failed his a.p. world history test, already on the brink of failing in that class. his grade would surely drop now. 

not feeling like staying at school after that test during fifth period, he decided to just call it a day and go home. pulling into his driveway, seeing his dad's car, he sighed not even wanting to go into the house. 

his mom must have been at work, even though she said the previous day that she was gonna take the day off. he didn't care though, it's not like he wanted either of his parents at home, and it wasn't like they paid any attention to him anyway.

lathan lived in a wealthy neighborhood, primarily because of his parents having a successful business in law. but that was the problem; his parents are so absorbed in work that they often forget they have a child.

the only time they paid any attention to him, was when he was doing well in school, or it benefited them and made their reputation look good. nowadays, lathan doesn't even bother telling them things anymore. every time he tried to bond with them he gets the same dismissive response: "i can't hijo, i have to work" or "mhmm, later" . 

he felt like their own lives and their own feelings were more important than the feelings of the one person they gave life to. it hurt him worse and created a deeper scar as he got older, and now he had become emotionally damaged.

when he walked into the house, he sees an unfamiliar pair of shoes. the house was dead quiet except for the muffled and distant sounds of... groaning and moaning? "what in the...?" he mumbled to himself walking upstairs towards the sound.

what he didn't know was, things were about to take a turn for the worst.

"dad?" he called out. opening the door to his parents room, he's horrified to see a woman, who is not his mom, entangled in the sheets with his father.

"ayo', what the fuck?!" he yells aggressively pushing the door open. his dad and the woman scramble out of the bed quickly, both of their eyes are wide. his dad fumbles, putting on his clothes, while the woman stands there dumbfounded with the sheets around her body.

"l-lathan! w-why you home so early?!" his dad asked, panicked. 

lathan shook his head, rolling his eyes."that doesn't matter, who the fuck is she?!"

"i can explain-" his father started.

lathan waved his hand dismissively. "save it." he said, not wanting to hear the lame ass excuses. "and you can get the fuck out!" lathan yells at the woman, still completely flabbergasted with the whole situation.