𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙.𝙥𝙩.2

𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯
___________________

i thanked the Lord that the mall wasn't that far of a walk from my house. or else i would have told omar to come and pick me up, but i did not want to wait in that damn house with those sorry excuses for parents.

my mind drifted off to the overwhelming events that occurred just over a span of a few hours, and the look on my parents' faces when they told me to leave. their eerily calm voices that hid harsh words rang in my head, and so badly did i want to forget about it. 

my eyes began to water again but i quickly blinked them away. i will not be caught crying out here in public.

at the same time though, i let out an emotionless chuckle. i just found it ironic that all my life i've been deprived of the attention a child needs from a parent and that none of my business about anything, unless it was something good that happened at school, had ever reached listening ears and they never truly cared about my feelings or anything that i had to say, but as soon as i try to be a normal teenager one time, everything goes to shit and it's then they wanna pay attention.

i shook my head and sniffled. wow, i'm a sad ass nigga.

within the next few minutes i had reached northgate mall and sat on the bench in front of a ralph lauren store and waited for omar, already letting him know that i was waiting.

for about ten more minutes, people continued to walk in and out of the building, and continued to peer down at the ground or at my phone. i chuckled as i twirled it around my fingers.

"surprised they ain't take this shit." i grumbled to myself bitterly.

i peered up from the concrete ground and say a familiar... pudgy looking figure walking towards me. his face got clearer as he got closer and i saw several facial and neck tattoos and hanging from his neck was a big ass cuban link. he sported a long lime green jacket with a black hoodie, black ripped jeans and those bulky lime green balenciagas. 

when he reached the bench i was sitting at, i scrunch my face up. "look, i don't think it was necessary to be dressing like this if you just came to pick me up from the mall..." i commented looking him up and down.

he chuckled and rolled his eyes. "calm yo' damn near caucasian ass down. i ain't dress like this for you. i was comin' from somewhere else. ain't nobody tryna impress you."

i chuckled again, grabbing my bags from beside me. "mmhm, yeah okay. ole' droopy from tom and jerry lookin-ass."

omar laughed a little louder. "nigga shut up and gimme yo' bags."

i laughed along with him and handed him on of my duffel bags, holding the other two, with my backpack still on my back.

we talked a little until we reached his car. i panted a bit; i don't know why he decided to park so far.

he unlocked his car and i opened the door to put my stuff in the back and then hopped in the passenger side.

i sighed heavily. "oh God... how did i even get here..." i mumbled to myself, my voice becoming quieter.

i sniffled and rubbed my eyes, trying to prevent myself from crying in front of omar.

"lathan..." omar began quietly, starting up the engine so he could turn on the heat. "what happened? why'd you tell me to pick you up? and what's up with them bags?" he asked, pointing to the back of the car.

"i--i.." my eyes had become glossy again as i thought back over the past few days. i sniffled again and turned towards the window, only so he wouldn't see the tear slip from my eye.