Prologue

She inhaled the first air she took with a smile the moment her feet stood on the ground of her homeland.

Shizuka Akashi is known to be Seijuro Akashi's twin sister and stood just as equal as him despite his intimidating stature and outstanding ability to lead. But she was known to him, and to the rest of the Generation of Miracles, as the backbone of the promising group— she supported the Generation of Miracles and was just as equally talented as Satsuki Momoi in data gathering and Riko Aida, of the Seirin Basketball team, when it comes to analyzing a player's limits and abilities, but what made her really special was that she was able to detect Kuroko easily despite his lack of presence.

But because of a sudden illness, she had to leave her team to go get cured in America.

"When I get back, I promise to play with you boys again," She promised two years ago at the very same airport when the team sent her off.

She grinned at all of them despite the heavy feeling she had for leaving.

"We'll wait for you," Seijuro answered when the rest couldn't speak.

"And we'll play together again," Tetsuya Kuroko, the Generation of Miracles' Phantom Sixth Man, said.

She had always been thankful for Kuroko's attitude when it comes to these situations. With his outstanding observing skills, he can tell that Shizuka didn't want them to send her off half-heartedly.

Ryota Kise, the Generation of Miracles' Copycat, sniffed back his tears and mustered a smile. "We will miss you, Shizuka-cchi!"

"Baka Kise," the Generation of Miracle's Ace, Daiki Aomine, muttered. "It's just America, it's not as if she'll be going to another planet,"

"Dai-chan stop picking on Kise-chan!" the Generation of Miracles' manager and Aomine's childhood friend, Satsuki Momoi fumed.

"Shizuka-cchin," the Generation of Miracles' Center, Atsushi Murasakibara, said lazily. "Bring some snacks from America, okay?"

Shizuka giggled at the weird request she got from Murasakibara but nodded. "Sure, Atsu-chan,"

"Hmph! Until today, all you think about is food," the Generation of Miracles' Shooter, Shintaro Midorima, said as he adjusted his glasses.

"It's okay, Shin-chan," Shizuka said with a smile.

"Calling all the attention of flight number 314, Narita to New York, the boarding gate is now open, please proceed to gate number 5 for luggage check up," The announcer of the airport said, catching everyone's attention.

"That's my flight," Shizuka said as she got her luggage and smiled to her boys one last time. "The next time I'll see you, it will be on the court... with everyone of us playing together, that's a promise,"