(1) S H E' S A N A N G E L

The soft melodies of my alarm played as I turned over in my bed

The soft melodies of my alarm played as I turned over in my bed. I tightly gripped my white comforter and shoved my face deeper into the silk pillow case. I slowly began to fall back asleep silently wishing it was Saturday and not Monday.

Just as sleep was about to fully consume my conscious state my maid, Anne, came rushing into my room. In her hands was a tray filled with various breakfast foods and the New York Times. I absent-mindedly sat up and reached for the paper disregarding the food.

I skimmed the news paper while Anne pulled out my uniform and laid it out for me. I flipped back to the third page when I realized inside was an article about the upcoming Debutante ball. This year I would make my debut into high society.

The past few weeks I had been flying back and forth between the city and various countries in Europe in preparation. All the while my father had been deciding which boy would escort me. It was unfortunate for me because my debut would just be a PR stunt for him.

However for me, this would be the night I had been looking forward to my whole adolescence thus far. This meant I had no intention of letting a boy who I don't care for ruin my night.

Well to be fair, I had not met Prince Achileas-Andreas of Greece and Denmark yet but I didn't want to either. According to my Father's second assistant I would "love" him, which I highly doubt will happen.

My friends however were very excited to be in the presence of royalty. I tried to pawn him off as their date but unfortunately they all had the same attitude about the situation. It's fun to look but not to touch, especially with cameras around.

"Miss Elaine, if you don't start to get ready you will be late," chirped Anne as I stumbled my way out of my bed. I nodded groggily in response and looked over my uniform.

My eyes turned away in distain, the plaid skirt and polo shirt seemingly burning my eyes. If only uniforms actually looked like they were from gossip girl. Instead they resembled something straight out of a nunnery.

I slipped out of my pajamas and pulled on my uniform while contemplating which shoes I should wear. Looking through the closet my eyes settled on a pair of white Gucci platform pumps.

Sliding on my shoes I looked over at the paper one more time wondering how the night would turn out. I walked out of my room sliding my black Burberry tote making my way to the elevator.

The doors quickly opened and I couldn't be dreading school more than I already was. I had a feeling today was going to be bad, the only reason is why?

 I had a feeling today was going to be bad, the only reason is why?

The sleek black town car arrived promptly at 7:00 a.m. as per usual. As soon as I got in I leaned my head against the window while watching the passing cars and the lights they carry with them.

Each passing second bringing me closer to the destination I dreadfully had to go to. Nightingale was a fine school and the girls who attended were just the same.

The problem was our brother school Regis, almost everyday there was some issue with them. I had wished they would have grown out of it by junior year but my prayers seemed to be unanswered.

I stepped out of the comforting car and onto the busy sidewalk. The brisk fall air meeting my legs with each step into the school. On my way I spot my closest and only friends who are real in the city.

Oakley was laughing mostly likely about Annette's unfortunate date over the weekend. Once I was through the doorway I strode over to them.

My heels clacking made myself known to them as each one turned and smiled. Annette however continued on with her story she was telling Ireland and Oakley.

"Listen, this has made me give up on boys completely," she exclaimed leaning against the locker bank behind her. Her face conveyed her extreme dislike of the boy she was talking about.

"Even boys from Connecticut and Massachusetts?" Ireland smirked knowingly about her love for a good east coast boy.

"Okay that isn't fair, upper east side brats have nothing on actual east coast boys!" Annette uncrossed her arms and threw them out to show her bold view on the boarding school boys we loved to summer with in the Hamptons.

"Although you are completely boy crazy, I do have to agree with you Annette," Oakley stated amused at our crazy friend.

"Thank you Oakley." She sighed smiling showing off her bright and cheery smile.

"Well I would like to second that," I laughed as the five minute bell rang, "I have to go to my locker see you guys soon." The three of them went their separate ways going to their lockers or class.

I began walking to my own locker as I ran into someone dropping all of my books in the process. "I'm so sorry," I rushed out reaching down to pick up my scattered books.

Looking up I scoffed annoyed, "What are you doing in the girls wing Oliver?"

"Well good morning to you too princess." His stupid dimples popping out while he grinned ear to ear. I guess some would call them cute but not me, I know him too well.

"Seriously I don't have time to deal with this and I doubt you want me to report you to Headmaster Dean." I stated while tapping my fingers on my books unamused with the smirk adorning his face.

"Well to be honest I was attending one of the underclass men," he leaned down to my level "or should I say woman now?" He laughed as I shoved him away in disgust.

"You little pervert get out of this wing now, ugh!" I quickly turned on my heel completely forgetting my need to go to my locker. I shoved my loose books into my tote and hurried to class.

I looked over my shoulder back at Oliver only to notice he was gone. Wow he actually listened to be for once, what a shock. I made my way to room 104, AP Pre- Calc and wished the day was already over.

As the class started I tried to focus on notes but all I could think about was Oliver. I couldn't stand him, who does he think he is acting like that. The future owner of a fortune 500 company that's who: an entitled rich-

"Miss Knox." I whipped my head up stopping my mental rant.

"Yes," I fumbled with my papers " is there something I can do Mrs. Johnson?"  I looked up completely and tried to act attentive.

"Class has been over for a minute, are you okay?"  She asked with genuine concern scanning my face for any sort of tell.

"Oh me, I'm fine. Have a good day!" I quickly grabbed my things and escaped the class before any more questions could be asked. That boy has already made me miss a whole class period, perfect.

—————————————————-

Thanks for reading! Remember to vote and comment:)

STATUS: unedited