"What a delicate taste." My Dad tipped his glass to his lips again.

"I'm glad it suits your taste." Aiden sipped his glass and his eyes flickered onto me. His gaze on me was so electrifying that I nervously grabbed my glass of ice water and chugged it down.

Throughout the dinner, it was nervous wrecking to say the less. I managed to keep quiet through the entire dinner and only speaking when it was directed to me. Surprisingly, dinner seemed enjoyable for my parents as if the kneeling to Aiden never happened. What's more surprising was Lily's silence through the entire meal. Lily was still shooting daggers at Aiden, but she didn't jump across the table to strangle him.

"So now that our meal is over," Lily started and she began to narrow her eyes on him. "Why don't you tell us your real motivate for inviting us already."

Or...maybe Lily was just building us some hatred and strength first.

Aiden smirked as he leaned back in his chair. The room was filled with tension and Aiden's silence didn't help lessen our anxiety.

"Always so straight forward Miss Starr," Aiden smirked.

"Sorry Mr. Kingsley," My Mom glared at Lily who sealed her lips closed as she wanted to retort to Aiden's comment. "I apologize for my foolish daughter's behaviour."

"No it's alright, it's actually better than stiff boring business meetings." Aiden replied.

"But Mr. Kingsley," My Dad started. "I am curious why you're meeting with us again after you coldly rejected to help us."

"Answer is simple Mr. Starr," Aiden leaned forward and rested his arms on the table. "I've done some more investigation on your company and I find it profitable."

"Bullshit." My sister muttered under her breath but no one seemed to have heard her except me.

"Your company has been around for decades and even though your company isn't as big as mine, I'll consider your company a good investment. All of your business transactions were safe and you two barely took many risks. It's a shame how your newest project ran into some trouble and I did say that I was interested."

"So is it safe to say that you're willing to invest in our project?" My Dad asked.

"I suppose you can assume that." Aiden smirked.

"And what is it that you want from us?" My Dad asked cautiously.

"Consider this an act of kindness Mr. Starr," Aiden replied. "I hope we'll have a healthy and friendly relationship in the future." My parents sat in their seats and slowly nodded their heads.

Aiden smiled and after receiving the signal from my parents, he fished out his phone from his pocket and dialed a number. He muttered a quick "bring it in" before shoving his phone back into his pocket. Within a minute, there was a knock on the door and his assistant...Luke came in with folders in his hands. He handed one to my parents and one to his boss.

"I've already written out the contract here, please feel free to go over it and tell me if you have anything you disagree on." Aiden smirked, confident that my parents won't say no to his proposal.

My parents' eyes widened as they flipped through the pages of the contract, glancing at each other once in awhile. I sat quietly in my chair, sipping on the expensive wine Aiden offered us. Lily was seated back in her chair, angrily folding her arms across her chest and she continued to send daggers at Aiden.

"The amount of funds you've written here." My Dad started.

"Are you unhappy with the numbers?" Aiden questioned and my Dad shook his head.