vijftien

I jumped slightly as I heard a noise come from outside my front door, causing my heart to skip a beat. I stopped cutting the carrots in front of me and held the knife to my chest, going silent.

I peeked around the corner, a knock sounding throughout the apartment, almost as if something had fallen. I instantly went silent, my breathing hitching in my throat.

I decided to be brave and go and see what was happening, still clutching the knife tight in my hands as I stepped quietly around the island, going towards the door.

I was just about to take another step forwards before the door burst open revealing...

Billie.

I screamed, pointing the knife at her just as she shouted-

"BOO- what the FUCK!" Her eyes went wide as she held her hands up, stepping back. I let out a huff as I shook the knife at her.

"You nearly scared me half to death!" I yelled, stamping my foot as I massaged my forehead. I'd been super stressed lately and this was not helping.

I started to walk back to the kitchen area, my heart still in my throat.

"Shut the door, Billie," I sighed, going back to cutting my carrots. I heard her take a seat at the island behind me.

"So we're not gonna talk about how you nearly stabbed me two seconds ago? What the fuck was that?" She half laughed. I went silent, finishing up cutting my food and putting it in the bowl before I turned around.

"You're lucky I didn't throw it at your head, Billie," I let out a final breath, feeling my heart rate return back to normal as I placed the knife into the sink, adding the chopped carrots to my food.

"Is everything like..okay?" She hesitantly asked, leaning on her hands as she watched me, making me feel kind of uncomfortable. I hate being watched.

"Yes, Billie, everything's fine, I'm just stressed," I took my bowl of food and sat opposite her at the island, starting to eat it. I made some sort of shitty soup thing but it tasted awesome.

"Well did you wanna talk about it?" She asked, kicking her foot against mine under the table and giving me a small smile.

"It's just, I got the job," I smiled, watching as Billie mirrored it, "but, Emilie is moving away, she's currently packing with her boyfriend," I said in an annoying voice as I rolled my eyes.

"Well, if you need a roommate, I'm always here," Billie smiled, her voice soft as she kept banging her foot against mine under the table.

"Very much appreciated, but this apartment is hers. I don't have nearly enough money to be paying for this thing by myself, it's $957 a month," I sighed, finishing up my soup pretty quickly as I placed the bowl into the sink, walking over to the couch and letting myself fall into it.

"Well, I have a treehouse with a double bed," I looked up into the mirror that was sitting in front of me, seeing Billie swivelling around on the chair with a smirk on her face.

"Oh sure, I'll just live in your treehouse, right?" I scoffed sarcastically as I sighed, rubbing my face. "I'll figure something out, Billie, don't worry."

*

2 days later

Today is my first day at my new job, and it's safe to say I'm excited but nervous as fuck. Billie has been staying here for the past 2 nights to "keep me company" but really it's just been make out session after make out session.

Which I suppose is keeping me company, and I don't wanna complain. I'd hate to whine about something so delightful.

Obviously, Billie is insisting that she comes with me on my first day, and I don't see what could go wrong, so here I am, sitting on my bed and watching Billie change in front of me.