Chasing for Answers (Epilogue)

So this is the last chapter. I can't believe that there were so few of them. Thanks to everyone that read this, and comment/vote/fan!

______

Epilogue: A Change of Scenery

The day was a blur-except for the kisses-those I remembered very well-and when it was over, I was ready to go the hotel and sleep for ten days. Being back on the set where my mom had been killed was really hard and stressful for me. I tried my best not to show my discomfort. Tyson was the only one to notice my awkwardness, and stood beside me the entire time, kissing me and whispering sweet nothings into my ear to distract me.

"We should head out now," Tyson whispered when Pierce had finally wrapped up and called it a day.

I nodded, and we headed towards the exit. But someone stopped Tyson and handed him a piece of paper, quickly telling him something and then walking away in the opposite direction.

"What's that?" I asked when he came back over to me.

"It's our schedule for the promotion tour," he informed me. "My publicist faxed it here."

"Oh!" I said excitedly. "Where do we go first? Let me see!"

Tyson handed the paper to me, and I skimmed it, quickly finding our first destination.

I gasped. "Oh my god! We're going to my hometown first! Glendale!" I bounced up and down excitedly, just like I had when I found out I got this gig. I couldn't believe that we were actually going there at all! It was practically a one in a million chance.

Tyson grinned. "Yep."

I looked up at him, and noticed something weird about his expression. He seemed to know something.

"Did you set this up?" I asked suspiciously.

He grinned wider. "I might've put in a word or two."

I gazed at him with affection. "You did this for me?"

He smiled at me, mirroring my affection. "Yes."

I flung my arms around him and hugged him with all my might. "Oh, Tyson. Thank you so much. This is so amazing." I pulled away and looked at his face, debating something. "Tyson, I...I love you." My heart pounded hard and loud in my ears.

He froze, staring back at me. "You...you said it." A smile slowly crept across his face.

I bit my lower lip.

Tyson slid his arms tightly around my waist, pulling me as close to him as I could get. Then he kissed me passionately. When we separated, he brought his lips to my ear, resting his cheek on mine.

"I love you, too," he whispered huskily, as though he had difficulty speaking.

When he brought his face away from mine, I saw that he was crying. We kissed again before we went to his car.

* * *

"Okay, I love you too, Dad," I said into my cell phone. "Yes, I'll see you soon. Bye." I flipped my phone closed, exhaling nervously.

I heard Tyson walk up behind me, and then I felt his arms wrap around me, holding me against his chest. "Don't be nervous. You know these people."

We were finally on our tour, after another month of re-filming the movie. This was our first stop-my home. I was really excited to see everyone and talk about the movie, but it was weird, getting ready to stand in front of all my previous classmates. One thing that cheered me up was that Josie was going to be in the audience-and of course that Tyson was going to be beside me.