I need to know

~You're in our hearts till the end~

Y/N was in a dark and empty space of nothingness. She was falling, falling, falling into a dark hole, pulling her down.

After what felt like ages, she landed on something. There was no thud. She had landed on something soft: ashes and dust.

Y/N scrambled to her feet, her hands covered in ashes.

"No, no, no," Y/N breathed, her heart thumping loudly in her chest as her palms began to sweat "not again, please don't..."

"Y/N?" Y/N turned sharply, seeing Peter walking towards her. She closed her eyes tightly, knowing what was coming next. She had had this nightmare for so long now. Why couldn't the pain just go away?

Peter came closer, putting a hand on her cheek. It all seemed so real, it always seemed so real.

"Open your eyes," Peter smiled, caressing her cheek.

"No," Y/N replied, trying to resist her temptation as much as possible.

I can resist anything but temptation.

It always ended the same way. She was always put into the trap.

Y/N opened her eyes, seeing Peter's loving face smile before her. She began to cry, knowing what came next, knowing that the same thing would always happen. They were standing there, in the middle of flames, of dust, of ashes. It was coming closer and closer, the part where she would wake up with tears rolling down her cheeks and start choking for air.

"I miss you," Peter said softly, tucking a strand of Y/N's hair behind her ear.

"You're not real," Y/N sobbed "it's not you, you're not real."

"I love you, Y/N, I always have," Peter continued, his face covered in dust. He wore the suit he was wearing that very day.

"I love you too," Y/N gave in, hugging him tightly, wishing it was real, wishing that perhaps it wouldn't turn out the way it always did. It always ended that way.

Peter fell into her arms as he began to turn to ashes, holding on tightly to her.

"No, no, no!" Y/N knelt beside him as he lay on the ground, his eyes full of fear "please, don't go, Peter. Please, you have to come back!"

"I'm sorry," the boy looked over at her, tears in his eyes, before he disappeared, his ashes scattering into the air, accompanied by the millions of others. Y/N hated herself for opening her eyes. But she always did. She always held him close, hoping he could come back. She always hoped. Yet it never went her way.

"Come back," Y/N croaked helplessly "come back, come back, come back."

"We lost," Tony's voice from behind Y/N as he avoided eye contact with her. His face was tired, beaten and desperate before he faded away, leaving Y/N in darkness again. Surrounded by what had always been and always will be her worst nightmare. 

Y/N stirred in her sleep, mumbling a few words as she kicked the sheet off her. 

After a while, she bolted upwards, a scream escaping her lips as she tried her best to recompose herself.

 Peter was gone, he was dead. Half the world was gone. Thanos had gotten what he'd wanted.