01 | ᴄᴏʟᴏᴜʀs.

there was a certain warmth that accompanied doing the things you loved; it was the joy that wrapped itself around your fragile state of being, replacing your once frenzied state with one of complete ease and calm

there was a certain warmth that accompanied doing the things you loved; it was the joy that wrapped itself around your fragile state of being, replacing your once frenzied state with one of complete ease and calm. it sent a surge of heat rushing throughout your body; flesh peculating the magnificent rays of the sun, thus instilling it into your bloodstream to allow the sunshine to swim within your veins.

that warmth, so precious yet so short-lived, had slowly dissipated from jisung's life- leaving behind a cold empty void that engulfed every last bit of happiness he once treasured.

he was not depressed, for his mind was often a perfect state of calm, perhaps even too calm- which is exactly what irked him.

jisung felt empty.

stuck in a dull cycle, in which he was unable to wrench himself free from the suffocating confines of a painfully repetitive routine, jisung simply fell in place to that same routine in the end no matter what he did.

every tiny detail, every little factor of his day that altered it ever so slightly, was simply forgotten; sucked into the black void that was growing rapidly within the remnants of his empty heart. no matter what he did, whether it was doing the things he used to love or spending time with the people who cared for him, he's never felt more trapped.

he was stuck in a world of black and white in which no other colours danced amongst the endless sea of black infesting his vision. the colours everyone spoke about were nothing more than pitiful wishes; a fraction of hope that his world would soon be flooded with colours once more, yet it was nothing but a false promise with the sole intention of prolonging his wary state of existence.

and as much as he wanted to colour in the world himself, to dip his coarse hands into buckets of bliss and euphoria, jisung didn't have any colour- for he too, was simply a part of that stifling black and white that swarmed everything around him.

-

jisung barely paid attention anymore in class. all he could focus on was the faint ticking of the clock wavering through the dull air, signifying the dwindling time they had left on this distasteful world.

in a sense, he felt a strange connection to that clock, for it had numerous similarities with him.

it was just there, dictating an endless cycle of that same old tick that everyone inside the room was all too familiar with by that point. nobody chose to acknowledge it's presence, yet they knew it was very much still there, waiting. forever waiting for at least a single change in routine.

it wasn't until he sensed a strange presence beside him did jisung snap out of his dreamlike trance, constantly slipping in and out of consciousness as the abyss of death slowly dragged him in, body stiffening in response to the sliver of movement to his right.