Chapter Two: The Alien in Black

Chapter Two: Donatello

"Donnie's got a date, Donnie's got a date!!" Mikey teased, the moment H was out of sight. I rolled my eyes. First they practically kidnap someone, and now they make a big deal out of nothing? Why did I have to get stuck with brothers like them?

"It is not a date Mikey, I barely know H! H just offered to tell me about their home planet." I explained, going back to my work. Cody wanted us to swing by O'Neil tech and run a few potential simulations for the time window. While we could've easily done it at the penthouse, the computers at O'Neil would make the whole process would go back faster. And, any excuse to be working here.

"At the planetarium, instead of here," Leo added. "Sounds like a date to me."

"H probably wanted to get away from you weirdos. You did drag him in here and pull him away from his work!" I countered. From the little I had seen of H, he did seem nice. I mean, Mikey dragged him in here and showed off his...what did H call it? An irezunas. H was a surprisingly good sport about the whole ordeal.

"He?" Raph questioned.

"Yeah, he. H."

"I thought H was a girl." Oh dear. Of course none of us were polite enough to ask—Master Splinter was gonna kill us. It didn't help that H looked androgynous, and alien—gender was not clear. If H even had a concept of a gender.

"Whichever, boy or girl, H inviting me to the planetarium, which is a very public place mind you, is not a date. I just wanted to know more about Kayō and H offered to share. That's all." My brothers exchanged knowing looks, and I had to resist telling them off again. It wasn't a date, we barely knew each other. It couldn't have been a date.

Of course, it would help if I had ever been on a date before. But this couldn't be a date, right?

Right?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Master Splinter, Donnie has a date!!" I groaned, wishing nothing more than to just shrink into my shell.

"It's not a date, Mikey!!" I yelled, not that it mattered. He was already gone, running down the hall to tattle on me. Great.

"Oh, this will be fun." Shut up, Raph.

"You're back already? I expected you guys to be gone for a lot longer." Cody Jones. It was still so weird to think about, the fact that he was the descendant of April and Casey. He had April's brains, thankfully, and well...Casey's not so smart tendencies.

"Mikey was getting antsy and I figured if we didn't come back, he and Raph were going to break something." I said honestly. Leo chuckled in agreement.

"Technically, you didn't agree to leave until they almost did break something."

Raph huffed in annoyance. "We did not almost break something. And can you blame us for getting bored when you're doing nerd stuff?" Nerd stuff that would get us home? Yeah, yeah I could.

"Master Cody, one of your miscreant pets is running around screaming again. Are you sure I can't alert the Peace Keepers and have them remove him from the premises?" Serling. He didn't like us and we didn't like him. It all worked out, in the end.

"Oh, lighten up Serling. Michelangelo is just excited because Donnie has a date!" Leo explained, walking past the droid by the door. I groaned again.

"It's not a date!!" I shouted. Raph laughed, wrapping his arm around me.

"Oh lighten up, Don. We're just teasing ya."

"Well I'd appreciate it if you'd stop." I muttered, knowing full well they probably wouldn't. Cody meanwhile, looked at us strangely.