Ch. 219 and Ch. 220

Start from the beginning

Could her lunatic husband possibly have been cured?

He Changdi hadn't expected Chu Lian to stare directly at him without any reserve or shyness. His originally relaxed mood slowly turned tense once again. While his eyes still seemed like dark, icy pools, his neck and the tips of his ears were flushed red, completely out of his control.

Chu Lian noticed his reaction and found it fun, so she simply continued staring.

They were husband and wife anyway, and He Changdi was a good-looking man after all. Since she couldn't consummate their marriage, wasn't she at least allowed to admire her eye candy as much as she wanted?

He Changdi felt trapped by Chu Lian's gaze. He was beginning to feel uncomfortable, and he was even tempted to begin reprimanding her- this wicked woman shouldn't be so unreserved about her staring! Such 'loose' behaviour was unbecoming of a noble lady.

As his eyes wandered about the inside of the tent a little absentmindedly, his tense gaze abruptly caught on one little spot.

A familiar blue leather-bound book leaped into He Changdi's view, causing not only his neck and ears, but even his entire face to turn red in a full-on blush.

That Xiao Hongyu! He was going to take that brat to task!

He Changdi shared a tent with Xiao Hongyu, so he knew that that damn brat liked to read that blue leather book at night while hiding under the lamp, acting like some sneaky thief.

He only had to glance at it once or twice before realising what it was. It was just some lewd drawings. He Changdi wasn't interested, nor had he minded Xiao Hongyu's reading- before this, at least. Now, however, the fact that it was lying in plain sight today didn't bode well for him.

That wicked woman Chu Lian must have discovered it. She might have even opened it! That shameless, wicked woman! She actually looked at those sorts of drawings!

Surely that wicked woman didn't think that this naughty book was his?

Ch. 220 The First Kiss

Although the changes in He Sanlang's expression weren't obvious, Chu Lian had been watching him this entire time; she noticed when the glint in his eyes changed. When she followed He Sanlang's line of sight, the crude naughty book that she had casually thrown onto the side table came into view.

Chu Lian blinked as curiosity welled up inside her.

He Changdi normally seemed like a cool, aloof type of guy. She had never seen him smiling out in the open, even in front of Matriarch He. Would a man as icy and reserved as He Sanlang really read that kind of book?

Of course, Chu Lian didn't intend to judge him. He was a man after all, and it was pretty common for them to watch a few 'movies' here and there. In the modern world, they might even have an entire hard disk's worth of 'movies' featuring their idols!

She was simply curious. Chu Lian was definitely not going to admit that this was one of her stranger interests.

He Changdi's body stiffened slightly. He shifted his gaze away from that blue leather-bound book, and then, he abruptly stood up and walked over to Chu Lian's other side before sitting down again.

With his height and the armour he was wearing, as long as he bent his body forward slightly, he could block Chu Lian's view of the blue book on the table.

Chu Lian gave him a weird look. "Why did you shift to the other side so suddenly?"

He Changdi cast a quick glance over and met Chu Lian's perplexed gaze. It was only then that he pretended to be calm and collected as he replied, "I'm more used to sitting on this side."