PART- XI

PRESENT TIMELINE:

(Timeline-wise this is a right after Part-9)

In Nagpur- At Vade's House:

"Please call Khushi", ... "this is Arnav Singh Raizada"

"Sir ji... aap?" Khushi looked dazed, "here?"

"Khushi, I let you come here to talk to the Vade couple in person", Arnav drawled, "Will you at least answer me now Khushi?"

Sameer and others watched the interaction between Arnav and Khushi.

Dr.Vanitha Vade stepped forward and said, "Please make yourself comfortable Mr.Raizada", "I will answer all your questions"

As Arnav and Sameer sat down in the living room of Dr. Vade's in Nagpur, Dr.Vanitha Vade started talking, "Please do not interrupt me Mr.Raizada"

"We found Khushi in the Chorsa valley near Nainital. Dr.Sergal was my husband's student who was conducting a medical camp along with his friends for the tribal people in the area. It was pure luck that he wanted to hike and ventured deep into the valley when he found Khushi. Khushi was hurt- more to say close to dead with fractures of a few ribs and sternum. She had bruises all over and had lost consciousness"

Vanitha gave a small pause to let the information sink into Arnav.

"Sergal carried her back to the camp where they tried to treat her, but she required more intensive treatment. Sergal called my husband and told him about the case. Once Khushi was moved to Delhi, she was treated in our friend's hospital for a while. As Khushi regained consciousness, she was very scared for her life. She kept asking if anyone knew her whereabouts..."

Vanitha looked at Khushi asking her to take it from there..

"It.. It was Shyam", Khushi said

"Who?", Arnav and Sameer said at the same time

"He..", Khushi swallowed, "He stalked me when I was studying in Bareilly a few years ago, "He is not normal, he is crazy. He has been obsessed with me, we even got a restraining order, but he could not be stopped"

Arnav fisted his knuckles white as his anger on the faceless monster rose.

"What did he do Khushi?" Arnav asked thinning his lips

"He.." Khushi closed her eyes tight, "He.. tried to kidnap me"

"Payal Jiji's engagement was fixed with a guy from Chandausi. Buaji had already picked up my parents from the hospital and taken them to the groom's place. As I had to get a few things from home for the function, I started from Nainital to Chandausi via Rampur. Rajesh, my distant cousin, accompanied me on my trip. When we stopped the taxi on the way for snacks, Shyam found us"