2: Habits

TWITTER! @rjandmengconvos

*APPARENTLY YOU GUYS CANT READ THIS SO I REUPLOADED IT*

2: Habits

DJ held my hand as if there was nothing wrong. He said he was sorry. He did his best to explain whatever there was to explain but I lost my interest to listen to whatever bullshit he had to say. We stood in the middle of the stage and I plastered a smile on my face. He was currently executing a magic trick that was supposed to fascinate me and everyone around us. But all I could do was bite my tongue and wait for the show to finish.

"For you." He said, smiling at me and handing me a rose. I took it from his hand and smelled it. I couldn't help it. What he did next surprised me, he pulled me to him and hugged me. He nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck and started sobbing a bit. "I love you so much. I'm so sorry." He said as he rubbed my back. I opened my mouth but no words came out. I smiled and let him drag me out of the limelight.

"Congratulations, guys!" The organizer exclaimed as we made our way to the dressing room. "After party?" He asked playfully. "It's in the next building. A bunch of people are there already.

DJ looked at me. He knew I wasn't a big fan of drinking or parties. He squeezed my hand and looked at the organizer but I was quick to answer,

"Yes. We're going." DJ didn't say anything more. He simply took me to the next building. I asked him if I could go hang out with our friends and if he can hang out with his other group, he said yes. He knew better than to argue after what he did.

"Shot?" One asked.

"Kathryn doesn't drink." Another chuckled. But I took the shot glass from her hand and took a shot and then smiled.

"Well, I stand corrected." One, perhaps two of them whispered. I shook my head and leaned on the bar counter, as I supported myself while I sit on the stool. I saw one friend swallowing a pill, that I assumed wasn't illegal otherwise we'd be held off the venue. I pointed at it and raised an eyebrow.

"What's that?" I asked, still feeling the taste of vodka lingering on my tongue. "Is that drugs?" I was oblivious. Perhaps I asked that one a little too loud.

"It's just Advil, you ding-a-ling." She rolled her eyes and swallowed the pill. "My head is pounding."

"Well, my heart is breaking so can I have 3 of that?" The seriousness in my voice, made them give me what I needed without asking anything. "It's safe to have three right?" I asked. "Fuck it." I dry-swallowed the three and leaned on the counter for support while I try to sit on the stool.

"Need anything?" A friend asked.

I was trying not to show how hard it is to dry-swallow three tablets all at once.

"A hug and six shots of vodka."

I looked at DJ who was happily holding a drink whilst talking to his friends. I can literally feel my heart break and I, then, decided that Advils don't work.

I swallowed your mistakes as if they were the pills that made me happy. I just wanted to forgive you but there's one stuck in my throat and I can't fucking breathe.