1: Coffee

TWITTER! @rjandmengconvos

1: Coffee

"Just do whatever she says today. I'm sure it's a tough time for her." I heard the organizer say to the over-all stylist. I came in a little bit late to my dress rehearsal. I got stuck in a meeting that was only supposed to last for about 10 minutes but it lasted for an hour and a half.

"Okay, sir." I heard him say. I bumped into the organizer as he made his way out of my supposed dressing room. He gave me a sympathetic smile and I gave him a confused one.

"Hi, I'm sorry I'm late. I got stuck in a meeting. What are we going to do today?" I asked. The stylist looked at me like I was a fragile vase. "You alright there?" I asked. His mouth opened to say something but he closed it again and shook his head.

"What do you want to do today, ma'am?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Me?" He nodded. "Let me check your program." I said, grabbing the Mac behind him. Before he could even say something, I was already opening the laptop.

"Daniel Padilla - Audio Scandal."

It said on the title page as soon as the screen lit up. I looked at the stylist, looking for answers but he only looked down and fiddled with the hem of his shirt. I pressed play and listened to it.

I shouldn't have. The next minute and 10 seconds shattered my heart. I bit my lip trying not to react violently. I closed his laptop and gave it back to him.

"Whatever I have to do. I'll do it. Asap." I said. It sounded harsh although I never intended for it to sound that way. He nodded, frantically and headed to the door.

"Would you like to have a drink, ma'am?" He asked. Only half of his body was inside the dressing room. The other half was ready to leave. "The usual? Chai Tea?" He tried to offer me a smile. He must have thought I'd be impressed if he remembered my favorite drink.

"No." I said almost immediately. "Coffee, please."

You were my cup of tea. I drink coffee now.