15. Protagonists are Magnets to Ambush

Now that our villainess is caught up with this huge storm, let's look at the main leads' side.

It was rather expected that as Yin Hua Lei faced mentally and emotionally challenging situations alone as the villainess, Xia Yu Heng and Bai Chen Rong with their protagonist halos were given permission by Emperor Du Liang to relax as newlyweds.

It wasn't a secret in the capital that Chang wang was favored slightly more than his other brothers. It wasn't just because of his good reputation but also because of his highly favored birth mother, Imperial Consort Fa.

Now, our two main leads were leisurely journeying towards the imperial family's vacation estate southwest of the capital. His Majesty recommended the place to the two so that they can unwind for a bit before Prince Chang returned to his usual onslaught of duties as an imperial prince.

Xia Yu Heng and anyone for that matter didn't see anything strange by this as he was used to his imperial father's affection.

Only Xia Chun, that old scheming fox knew his own thoughts and true intentions.

As much as Xia Yu Heng would like to snuggle with his wangfei inside the carriage, he held himself and rode his steed. He needed to make sure this journey was safe. Seeing her insistent husband, Bai Chen Rong also wanted to ride her own horse.

So this scene of two royalties, one pair of fine man and woman on horseback was seen by the few travelers on the road.

The husband and wife were enjoying the sights of the lush forest surrounding them, birds chirping among the trees and few hares dithering on the ground before disappearing quickly.

A formation of ten or so imperial guards loosely surrounded them so they could still sight see despite being protected.

"Imperial Father really dotes on Ah'Heng the most. I heard this estate was only used by his Majesty when he was young and no one dared to go there as they pleased. Even the eldest prince doesn't covet." Bai Chen Rong teased her husband.

Such an alluring beauty she was. Small egg-shaped face, large doe eyes framed by thick curling lashes, naturally flushed cheeks, button nose and small pink lips. Even if one got teased to death by her, one would be happy in the afterlife.

Naturally, Xia Yu Heng couldn't escape the same fate.

"Rong'er..." There was only helplessness and indulgence in his tone. He didn't need to say more to his wife. One look and she already knew the meaning.

Of course, Bai Chen Rong wouldn't go overboard. Or else, she'd get eaten thoroughly once again. She still wanted to walk straight, thank you!

In a flash, Chen Rong only felt the world spin and she was already sitting in front of Xia Yu Heng, both her legs dangling on one side.

The gentle prince got his hands firmly wrapped around her waist, ensuring she wouldn't fall. Who said the gentle prince was ignorant of martial arts? Even Bai Chen Rong who wasn't so bad could easily be pinned down by this peace-loving prince.

Taking advantage of their close distance, Chen Rong opted for more daring topics.

"What does wang ye think of the newly arrived imperial uncle?"

Xia Yu Heng chuckled under his breath. His wangfei was as curious as a cat. But he still answered her with the same volume she used.

"Imperial uncle was born shortly after Father Emperor ascended the throne. There were talks of his mother who was then the youngest consort dowager, even younger than imperial father himself, had a hand in helping him easily take the reins. But she died giving birth so imperial father took it to himself to act as the child's brother, father and mother at the same time."