Chapter 9

After the huge fight you all had with Jet & his minions, you all walked back to the cafeteria area, pretending that nothing even happened.

You sat down on the bench, taking in a breath. Katara sat next to you as she looked at Zuko & Aang, Toph sitting down next to you. Katara spoke out in a serious tone, "Zuko. Aang. You guys need to give (y/n) her space. She can't keep up with you two & how much you both like her. Obviously it's stressing her out."

You blushed lightly as you became flustered, "W-wait, katara! Neither of them like me, right? Right!" You looked at both with a smile of acceptance, knowing that you were correct. Your smile soon dropped as both boys just stared at you, brows raised & quiet.

Aang rubbed the back of his neck as he smiled, "Well, you're wrong. I don't know about Zuko but, I really like you, (y/n). I've told you before, & it'll never change."

Your face heated up as you looked at Zuko. He crossed his arms as he smirked at you, "You already know my answer, cupcake."

Your blush intensifies as you furrowed your brows, "D-Don't call me cupcake!" 

Zuko chuckled as he ruffled your head, "Whatever, shorty. Now, try eating something, you'll faint if you don't." He hands you a package bread snack as you looked at it & pout, "Breads bad for you."

He looked at you as he smacked the bread lightly on your head, "No, it's not. Just eat it, cupcake." He winked at you as he blushed, taking the plastic wrapped bread as you opened the package. You sighed as you looked down at your thick legs.

Katara looked at you as she placed her hand on your shoulder, "Hey, it'll be okay. You look perfect to me."

You looked at her as you smiled, "Really? But... I don't know, my parents are always on my case about my weight. The only time they ever notice me, is when they need me to look perfect for their oncoming guests. Meaning that I need to lose weight in order for my parents to be slightly impressed by me."

You squeezed the bread between your fingers as you felt the tears sting your eyes. You cleared your throat, blinking back the fresh tears as you smiled at katara, "But, I'll be okay. I'll just move out when I turn 18 & never have to deal with my parents ever again."

You began to eat the bread, the fresh baked doll gh hitting your taste buds with delight. Katara looked at you, worry written all over her face, "(y/n)... Do your parents neglect you?"

You looked at her as you swallowed your food. Before you could answer, the bell rings. You stood up as you stuffed the rest of the packaged bread back into your school bag, "Oh, there's the school bell! Let's go, you guys. Class will start soon."

You began to walk away as everyone watched you. Katara had a worrisome expression on her face as she looked at the others, "Guys, something's definitely going on at her home."

Zuko watched you go as he stood up, "Let me talk to her." Before katara could say anything, Zuko was already leaving, chasing after you.

Katara sighs as Aang watched Zuko catch up to you. He looked at Katara as he stuffed his hands in his pockets, "I may have him as my love rival, I believe he'll solve this issue. Don't worry, katara."

Katara nods her head as she smiled, "Lets hope so, Aang."

Zuko taps your shoulder as you turned to look at him. You smiled as you kept walking, "Hey, you ready for science class?"

Zuko stayed quiet as he looked around. He soon grabbed your arm as he pulled you to a secluded area. Your eyes widen as you looked at him, "Hey, this isn't the way to class, Zuko."

He stopped once you two were all alone. Once all of the students went inside the school, it was silent. The wind blew gently past you both, some birds tweeting in the distance.

Zuko leans against the brick wall as he looked at you, "(y/n), tell me about your life."

You blinked as you narrowed your eyes at him, crossing your arms as you turned to leave, "I have no time for this."

Zuko grabbed your arm as he spun you back, pushing you against the wall as he trapped you between his arms, his face inches from yours. You didn't realize the height difference between you both til this very moment. He was much taller than you were.

Your eyes looked anywhere to avoid his intense gaze.

He lifted your chin as he spoke, "(y/n), I'm serious. I want to know what your home is like. How do your parents treat you?"

You stayed quiet as you tried to leave, pushing Zukos chest to make him move, "We're going to be late, Zuko. Ask me later."

He grabbed your wrists with one hand, holding them above your head, wrapping his other arm around your waist, pulling you close, "(y/n), I won't let you go until you tell me. I want to know. It's obvious something wrong."

You struggled from his grip as tears filled your eyes, "No, I don't want to say anything. I'm perfectly fine. I live in a normal home... Please, Zuko.."

He looked at you as he stayed quiet. He slowly lets go of your wrist, but his grip around your waist didn't loosen. He held you close, wiping your tears away, "I'll always be here for you... And I'm sorry for ever bullying you in the past. I'll forever & always protect you, no matter who they are. That includes your parents, (y/n)."

You looked up at him as he pushed some of your hair away from your forehead, leaning down as he kissed it gently.

You blushed, closing your eyes as you felt your heart race.

He pulled back a bit, his lips still close to your skin, "You don't have to tell me but, if you ever need me, call me."

He looks at you as he raised a brow, "Now, I definitely have to put my number in your phone."

You blinked as you laughed.

He pouts as he flicked your forehead, "I'm being serious, shorty. Where's your phone?"

He rubbed your forehead as you puffed your cheeks, "Fine. Just let me pull it out."

You pulled your phone out from inside your bag. You unlocked your phone as you hand it to him.

He typed away as he hands it back to you. He pulled out his phone as it vibrated, "There, now I have your number."

He smiled a bit as he turned to leave, "Let's get to class. I'll make an excuse for us."

You smiled as you nod your head. You looked down at your phone as you blushed deeply, "Z-Zuko!"

He looked at you as he begins to run. You chased after him.

(y/n): You're looking pretty sexy today, Zuko.