There was a loud knock on the door. I sat up, rubbing my eye groggily. I snapped awake when I realized that I wasn't wearing any clothes.
I grabbed the blanket over me and covered my lap as Larry pulled himself from his sleep to answer the door.
"One second," he called groggily as he stood and grabbed a pair of boxers from the floor.
He stumbled to the door and opened it, revealing a disgruntled Ashley. Her chest was heaving and her pyjamas were rumpled.
"I had a nightmare. Jesus, I'm sorry for waking you two up. Just wanted to check..." she faded off, rubbing her eyes.
Larry tilted his head. "You're getting nightmares too?" He asked, his voice husky from sleep.
I love when his voice is like that. I pulled the blanket closer to me, all too aware of my lack of clothing.
Ash nodded. "Yeah. All about the same thing." She groaned and rubbed her eyes. "Whatever. It's fine, we'll talk about it in the morning," she said as she started towards her room.
Larry closed the door when she was gone and turned to me with a confused expression. I shrugged. "I dunno. I don't like that the nightmares are bothering you guys now. That's not cool," I mumbled.
Larry snorted, sitting down on the bed beside me. "Did you have one last night?" He asked.
I shook my head. "What a shame that Ash woke me up," I grumbled, flopping back down.
Larry chuckled and leaned over me. He kissed my neck before laying down beside me. I curled up against his chest as he ran a hand through my hair.
"Try and sleep again Sal. I'll be right here." His voice was gruff and I could tell that he was still very tired.
     I hummed in agreement and listened as his breathing deepened. I wrapped my arms around Larry's middle and snuggled even closer to his warmth.
     I felt my eyelids droop, and I fought sleep for as long as I could. Eventually, however, my exhaustion took over and I fell into a restless, but dream free sleep.

Larry..
     I was pulled out of my sleep by the loud buzzing of my phone over on the dresser. It took me a second to pull myself from that sleeping state and into one awake enough to process the fact that my phone was ringing.
     I let a breath out through my teeth as I carefully slipped from Sally's death hold on me. I glanced at him to make sure that I did not wake him up before I snuck to get my phone.
     Well, I say snuck when in reality my walk was none to graceful as my room was still dark. I grabbed my phone, seeing that it was my mother, I answered quickly.
     "Hey m-"
     "Good morning Larry. Could I ask you a favour?" She interrupted me as I attempted to greet her. 
     I let out a breath as I leaned against my dresser and watched Sal roll over in bed and grumble. "Yeah, what is it?"
     There was a crash on the other side, and what sounded to be another person swearing. "Could you please come over here today and help me out a little? It seems that every electronic is breaking at once and you boys always seem to fix these weird occurrences," Lisa said in a hurry.
     I rubbed my eyes and nodded. "Yeah, I'll get Sal and we can see what we can do," I said, glancing at my clock.
     It was almost ten in the morning. Wow, Sal must be exhausted. I mean, we went to sleep at like eight last night because we were both pretty tired. I'm glad he's catching up on sleep.
     "Thank you Larry. Just tell me when you're heading over here. Listen, I've gotta go, I don't want Sal's dad to do too much and hurt himself," Lisa said, her voice tired but she still tried to joke.
     I nodded. "Of course mum. See ya," I said. My mother echoed the farewell and ended the call in a rush.
     I set down my phone and let out a breath. I don't want to drag Sal back to Addison. It never seems to turn out well for him. I mean, last time we were there, he straight up passed out.
     I ran my hand through my unruly hair and watched the steady rise and fall of Sally's chest. He was laying on his back and his arm was draped over his bare chest.
     I could see the outline of his ribs as he breathed deeply. His blue hair was fanning out around his head, and his scarred face was peaceful. I knew he wasn't having a nightmare.
     I walked over to the bed and sat down. The bed sunk underneath me and Sal stirred in his sleep. He blinked, his blue eyes coming to focus on me.
     He smiled sleepily and rolled to wrap his arms around my waist. I put my hand on his head and ran my fingers through his hair.
     "How're you feeling?" I asked softly.
     Sal hummed and squeezed me a little. "Good. I slept really well," he answered, his voice gruff from sleep.
I smiled warmly down at him. "Good, I'm glad. Listen, I've gotta go for a little bit today. Will you be alright?" I asked softly.
Sal sat up and gathered the blanket around his waist. "What do you mean? Where are you going?" He asked, as he rubbed his eyes with the backs of his hands.
I was struck again by how cute he was. Ever since we met, I've felt such a strong urge to protect this boy. He's been through so much and I just want to see him happy.
I blinked a couple of times to regroup my thoughts. "Mum has called me back to Addison's to help out. She wants to know why everything seems to be breaking or just going wrong," I said, knowing that lying would be pointless.
Sal blinked at me. "And I'm not coming along on this dangerous mission, why?" He asked, crossing his arms over his bare chest.
I rubbed the back of my neck and looked away. "I was worried about you, that's all. I don't want to put you under anymore stress," I said, grabbing his hand after he dropped his arms.
     He searched my face, squeezing my hand and smiling a little. "Dude, I'm going to be stressed no matter what. At least if I come with you then I won't be scared for the unknown. I'll be right by your side. Isn't that what we always promised each other?" He said, reaching up and cupping my cheek with his free hand.
     I leaned into his hand and let out a sigh. "Alright. Get dressed then, we'll head out soon," I said quietly.
      Sal ran his thumb over my cheek and guided my eyes back up to his. He had a wry grin and a sparkle in his eyes. I haven't seen that look in a while, and it was reassuring to see it.
     "Hey, you don't have to worry about me! I'm the toughest guy around," he said taking his hand away and flexing.
     I laughed, poking him in the stomach, making him laugh. "Sure, but you weren't acting so tough guy last night," I teased, watching Sal's face go red.
      He snorted out a laugh and covered his face. "Shut up, man," he groaned, laughing a little still.
     I leaned in and kissed his cheek before standing. "I'm gonna get ready," I said quietly.
     Sal nodded, taking his hands from his face. "Alright, me too," he said, shuffling to the edge of the bed.
      I turned away to grab a shirt and some pants and I heard Sal groan a little. I turned around with a raised eyebrow. He was pulling on a pair of boxers with a determined look on his face.
      "What's wrong babe?" I asked, smirking slightly as I leaned against my dresser.
      Sal glared at me from the other side of the room. "Just a little sore," he grumbled before starting off towards the door.
     I walked over and pulled him into a kiss. He melted into the contact and wrapped his arms around my neck. I pulled back and rested my forehead against his. "I'm sorry, are you alright?" I asked, my voice low.
     Sal pulled back and laughed. "It's fine LarBear, really." He kissed me quickly before clipping on his prosthetic and leaving the room to get some clothes.
     When he was safely out of earshot I let out a sigh. I smiled to myself as I got dressed. I can't believe that I was lucky enough to meet Sal.
     I almost lost him though. Had he not come running and stopped me, I shudder at the thought of what could have happened to him.
      I pressed my lips together as I brushed my hair. I was stupid, but it wasn't entirely me. I wouldn't say I was possessed, but I wasn't exactly in control.
      Wow, that made zero sense. Thanks for that deep inner monologue, but could it be a little more understandable next time? Cmon Larry, just get dressed. I'm sure that whatever mom was upset about will turn out to be some faulty wires and once that's solved we can come back here.
     I jumped when I heard the door open behind me. Sal slipped in the door, a disheveled Ash with him.
      "Sorry Lar, she caught me in the hallway and was questioning me," Sal joked, elbowing Ash playfully.
     I laughed. "Oh? Am I your lawyer now? What're the questions Ash?" I asked, leaning against my dresser again.
     Sal came over to me and leaned against me. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders, causing him to blush a little. His red ears contrasting with the light mask on his face.
     Ash raised her eyebrows at us. "Oh so it's official?"
     "No, we're just dudes being bros. It's not gay as long as you say no homo," I said, my voice heavy with sarcasm.
      Ash faked a laugh, her eyes amused. "And have you been saying no homo?" She asked.
     "Not once," I exclaimed proudly, causing both Ash and Sal to burst into laughter.
      Once everyone had calmed down, Ash crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows. "Alright, I know you two and I know that neither of you would be dressed before one unless you had to go somewhere. So, where are you off to?"
I felt Sal glance at me, and I gave him a little squeeze. "To Addisons. We gotta help my mum out a little. Crazy happenings, y'know?" I tried to keep my voice nonchalant, but it shook a little at the end.
Ash raised her eyebrows at us and put her hands on her hips. "And you two doofuses thought you could go without the rest of us, why? Is this some kind of weird date?" She asked, smiling as she flicked her hair from her eyes.
Sal laughed. I snorted, shaking my head. "I didn't want to bother you guys. You can come if you want," I said.
Ash smiled wider and nodded. "I would. I'm going to round up Todd and see if Neil wants to come," she said as she spun on her heels and left the room.
Sal let out a shaky breath after Ash was safely out of earshot. I turned to look down at him. I could tell that he was chewing his lip under his mask and his hands were fiddling with the dark sweater he was wearing.
"What's wrong Sally Face?" I asked, stepping back so that I could look at him straight on.
He reached a cold hand up to my cheek. I leaned into his hand and searched his face as he searched for his words.
     He blinked hard then looked away from me. "I'm scared. I don't want anything to happen," he mumbled, pulling his hand away from my cheek.
     I grabbed his hand, using my other hand to grab his cheek to bring his eyes up to me. "Hey, don't worry. You're not getting rid of me. I'll always be by your side," I said softly, giving him a small reassuring smile.
     He searched my eyes. I could tell that he was nervous despite my inability to see his expressions. "Alright. You better stay close to me this whole time," he said quietly, his voice shaking a little at the end.
     I smiled. "Of course Sally Face."
     "Thank you Larry Face," Sal said, and I could hear the smile in his voice.
     I nodded. "Alright, now lets go find the others and set off."

~~~~~~
A/N: okay so I'm really sorry for the super spaced out update but I have been dealing with some personal stuff as well as getting major writers block for a while.

I hope to get into a better updating schedule, as I have more free time now.

Anyways, what would you guys like to see in these upcoming chapters?
Death? Angst? Cult-y stuff? A better update schedule?
Drop a comment with anything you guys would like to see.