2: Unusual

Today, today was one of those days where you just wake up sad. You don't have a reason you just wake up, think about the day to come and you're already exhausted. 

**

Once I got to school I immediately just got my things went to my desk and started drawing while I waited in class to start.

" Hey." A semi familiar voice said. I looked over to see nobody but the now famous Billy Hargrove. The schools newest F boy.

"Hi." I whispered looking back down at my drawing.

" You going to that party tonight?" He asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Not at the fact that I wasn't going but at the fact that he was still talking to me even though I've been fairly obvious with body language that I don't wanna talk to him. " No." I said blankly.

" Now you are." He said.

"No, I'm not. "

" Awe, come on Byers. I'll pick you up at 7."

" No Billy. I'm not going. I already have plans."

" With who?" He asked not entirely of curiosity but mostly with doubt.

"My brother, I have to take him trick or treating with his friends. "

"How old is he?"

" 13."

"And you're telling me he can't go by himself with his friends?"

"Listen, not that's it's any of your business. But no. He's not allowed to go by himself. And I'm not aloud to be out past 9 without my mom or Jonathan."

" Come on Byers. Just tell your mom you're going to Tina's, or Stacy's, or who ever your friends name is. Just tell her you're going there."

" Billy. I'm not going. "

"Well I'm coming to pick you up."

" You don't know where I live." I said.

" It's not that hard to get an address Byers. The whole school knows you. I could ask literally anyone."

"Am I speaking Chinese? Why do you not understand about the word no?"

" Fine Byers, your loss. Sheesh." He said and stood up and walked out of the class into the hall way. I watched him walk away. Perhaps I had been to harsh. But I know myself too well if he had kept pushing me I probably would have given in to pressure. I'm weak minded. I'm honestly surprised at what I did do. I continued drawing, and eventually, the bell rang.

* Flash Back *

It was pitch black I could not see my hand if I put it an inch from my eyes. I cried and my body shook because I was so cold and the cold tile floor chilled my bones. I heard footsteps come closer and closer and then the doorknob jiggled and shortly after I opened and the bright and sudden light stung my eyes.

" Twelve, I hope you have learned your lesson from yesterday, because we need you to help us. Do you think you could do that? Do you think you can help us?" Dr. Brenner asked.

"The gate?" I asked

" Yes, we are going back to the gate today, can you do that for me?"

I nodded my head yes. He helped me stand up and I walked right behind him as we made our way to the room where The Gate had been first been opened.

"You need to help this man, can you do that?" He asked.

" Like always?" I asked.

"Exactly, yes. Just do the same as you always do. Stick by his side and protect him."

I nodded my head in agreement. They put a mask on me and when I looked at the other man he had a full body suit.

" Don't worry Twelve. It's just like always." He said trying to make me feel better. I breathed heavier the closer we got to walking in the portal that goes to a different dimension.

The noises around me made my body twitch and I had goosebumps. I followed the man to help him set up this electrical unit. He's been setting it up for the last few days and I always have to come with him and protect him just incase.

"Okay kid I think we are in the clear." He said looking around us cautiously. He was fixing the wiring when I heard something to the left of me. I took a couple steps over there and squinted trying to look past the fog. I looked behind me at the man I came in with and he seemed to be un-phased. I kept looking but saw nothing. Eventually I just walked back to him and kept my eyes out.

I heard it again but this time it was to my right. I tapped the mans shoulder. " Yeah kid?"

" Not Safe."

"What?"

"Something is here. " I said and my heart was racing.

"Okay kid let's walk back. Just breathe. " He said. I held his hand and I tried to calm down. I heard it again behind us and I saw it's outline in the distance walking towards us. I started to run and I saw two more in the corners of my eye getting dangerously close.

" Keep running." I told him and I let go of his hand and stood still. My hands started to glow and I lifted myself in the air and shot blasts of energy out of my hand at the monsters. They screeched but more kept coming after me. My energy levels were getting low from using my powers so much which is ironic because my power is to control and manipulate energy. I dropped to the ground and started running to the gate. The monster grabbed the man I was with before I could save him and it killed him. He was so close to the gate. The monsters were in front of the gate eating the man. I couldn't get past them. I started running the other way away from them. My heart was racing. I didn't even know where I was going. I started to remember. I hadn't been able to remember a single thing in the past week but seeing that monster reminded me of something. I had seen it before. I don't remember when, why, or how. But I had seen it before. Recently.

I was completely out of energy I couldn't run another step. I was about to collapse. I needed to hide. I didn't even know where I was going I was just walking where my legs took me. Eventually I was at some house. A familiar house. I opened the door and it seemed so familiar. I had been there before. I hadn't remembered a single thing and all the sudden this place is bringing back feelings and not whole memories but the feelings that I had with the memory I can't picture in my mind. I could hear almost like faint whispers. I could hear people talking. Familiar voices. Two women. But one in particular was familiar. I started walking in the hall way and went to a familiar room. I saw posters on the wall of bands I could almost hear. And a twin bed I could nearly remember sleeping on. I heard something in the house. Not the voices from the people. But something had been following me.

Tears formed my eyes and my hand started to glow as energy formed within it that I was ready to use in my defence.

** end of flash back **

"Ms. Byers?" The teacher asked and the whole class looked at me.

" Hm?"

" Your moms here." She said.

" I thought you said those episodes stopped?" Nancy whispered in confusion to me.

I looked at the ground sadly and awkwardly and walked out ignoring Nancy's question.