Chapter 3: Shared ORIGINS

Dempsey suddenly raised his gun at the new people in their makeshift hideout. They also raised up their guns and noting he was outnumbered Dempsey slowly put his gun down and put his hands up. "Now who are you people?!" Asked Russman before Takeo jumped out from behind a wall and held Marlton with his sword to his throat. "No sudden movements." Said Takeo. During all this Nikolai had escaped Stuhlinger's grasp and made his way over to Dempsey where he raised his gun at the strangers.

Just then Richtofen walked in and saw what was going on and he said. "Stop ze fighting ve are all allies here." He said as no one believed him. "Yeah says the Nazi." Said Dempsey as he bent over and picked up his gun and aimed it back at them. "No really." Richtofen said as he scooted in between the teams to cease the tensions. "Takeo, Nikolai, and Dempsey. Meet Misty, Stuhlinger, Marlton, and Russman." He said introducing the teams. Dempsey for some reason felt a little more at ease with the situation was the first to put down his gun. Takeo was next and he reluctantly released Marlton but kept his sword trained on them.

Nikolai kept his gun on them and didn't show any sign of putting it down. "Nikolai put ze gun down they are friends." Said Richtofen. "I don't know who you are but we've definitely never met before." Said Stuhlinger. "Oh I think we are very familiar with each other dear Samual." Said Richtofen with a smirk on his face. Stuhlinger then came to realization that this was the man in his mind who kept telling them what to do.

Stuhlinger lowered his gun and noticing this the others did the same. "Ah wunderbar." Said Richtofen while clapping as he walked over to a large electrical piece. "You still haven't told us what the plan is Richtofen." Said Dempsey.

"Ah yes that. Is everyone listening." He asked looking for everyone. "In 1969 ve vill go to ze moon and try and kill Samantha. Instead I show my true intentions by switching bodies vith her and then as a safety precaution Maxis launches missiles at ze earth in order to destroy all involvement vith 935. He gets ze coordinates wrong though and instead hit key parts of the earth mainly the parts where ze tectonic plates connect. Zis releases a vorldwide zombie outbreak and ze vorld as ve knew it ceased to exist." Everyone in the Victus crew were shocked at the new information. "Yeah we know so what's the plan?" Asked Dempsey getting impatient.

"Ve are going to the moon and are going to prevent ourselves from finding Samantha." He said as he started working on the teleporter again. "Marlton I know you have a brain under that skull can you help me vith ze teleporter please." Asked Richtofen. Marlton walked over and started helping. "What would you have us do in the meantime?" Asked Takeo. "Fuck if I know or care. Vith 2 people here ve should be able to leave by tomorrow so just be ready to leave by then." Richtofen Said getting back to work.

Misty looked around for the American as he seemed familiar to her. She counted everyone else accountable except for him.

*Tap**Tap*

She felt a rap on her shoulder and looked to see the nearly elderly looking Japanese man looking at her. "He went that way." He said simply pointing to a doorway before going back and talking with the others. She walked through the doorway and saw him sitting on a dusty chair in what looked to be a living room. He was holding his head as if he had a headache and his eyes were closed.

"Hey you alright?" She asked as she took a seat opposite of him. "I don't remember much before the zombies, but recently I've been getting flashes of memories. And it hurt my brain to think about the parts I don't remember." He said opening his eyes and looking at her. "I'm sorry we must've gotten off on the wrong foot. My names Tank Dempsey." He said trying to retry their introduction. "Names Misty Briarton." She said. As she said Briarton he started getting more flashes of his memory.

As Dempsey and his wife were coming back from the doctors she started a conversation. "What should we name it?" She asked placing one hand on her stomach to signify what she was talking about. "Let's make a deal. If it's a boy I name it. If it's a girl you can name it and it can keep your last name." He suggested. "Sounds good what would you name our boy?" She asked curiously. "Robert Dempsey." He said with a smile on his face. "What would you name our girl?" He asked in return. "Abigail Briarton.

Dempsey was leaned forward, looking at the floor with his head being supported by both his hands. He felt soothing circles on his back and looked up to see Misty at his side. "Thanks." He said. "What did you remember?" She asked. "I was on the way back from the doctor with my wife because I was becoming a father. We pondered over Names for the kid and that was it."

"I don't remember much about my father. When I was really young he left and never came back. He always used to call me his little Misty due to the fact that back then I used to cry a lot." She said sharing a part of her own past. "Yeah my dad was a real hard ass. Sometimes he didn't know weather to hug me or punch me in the face. He usually hose the punch." He said.

"I'm sorry." She said feeling bad for him. "Don't be. Sonovabitch never did anything for me, so when he died I could've cared less." He said to try and make her feel better. Just then both Nikolai and Russman drunkly staggered into the room and both passed out on different couches. "Great now there aren't anymore chairs." Misty Said. Tank then got up and offered her his seat. "Are you sure?" She asked because she was so tired that once she sat down she wasn't getting up again.

"Just take the fuckin seat." He said going over to the corner of the room and propping himself up in the corner and falling asleep. She then sat down and was surprised at how comfy the chair and almost immediately fell asleep waiting for the next day when they would move out.