Chapter 52 - Bonnie's 8th Gym Battle

Start from the beginning

"Tyrantrum, let's go," said Bonnie as the Despot Pokemon appeared in the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Tyrantrum, use Iron Head," commanded Bonnie as the Despot Pokemon began to charge towards Avalugg while its head began to glow silvery white.

"Use Curse," ordered Wulfric as Avalugg's became surrounded with purple aura, lowering its speed, but increasing its attack and defense. It was also hit by Iron Head and took a lot of damage, slightly lowered from the effects of curse.

"Use Dragon Claw," said Bonnie as Tyrantrum's two claws began to glow green and a pair of sharp claws and aim towards Avalugg.

"Use Avalanche," commanded Wulfric as Avalugg's Curse allowed itself to take the two strikes of Dragon Claw, then its body began to glow blue, summoning several dark clouds that appeared above Tyrantrum, instantly showering the latter with chunks of ice and heavily damaging the latter.

"Tyrantrum, are you alright?" asked Bonnie in concern after seeing Tyrantrum take heavy damage from the super effective attack that was boosted with Curse. However, Tyrantrum turned its head towards a trainer and gave a reassuring nod, letting Bonnie sigh in relief.

"Finish this off with Head Smash," ordered Bonnie as Tyrantrum's head began to glow blue and charge towards Avalugg at a high speed.

"Counter with Gyro Ball," commanded Wulfric as Avalugg began to spin into a giant silver ball towards Tyrantrum, causing another explosion to break out, but was more powerful than before. After about a minute, the explosion cleared up, showing that both Pokemon had fainted.

"Both Pokemon are unable to battle," said the referee. "Can both sides please send out their final Pokemon?"

"Abomasnow, I'm counting on you," said Wulfric as the Frost Tree Pokemon appeared into the battlefield. Immediately, clouds began to gather above the battlefield, causing hail to drop onto the ground at a constant rate.

"Gardevoir, let's battle," said Bonnie as the Embrace Pokemon appeared into the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Gardevoir, start off with Calm Mind," said Bonnie as the Embrace Pokemon closed its eyes and its body began to glow blue, increasing its special attack and defense.

"Key Stone, respond to my heart. Beyond evolution, MEGA EVOLVE," said Wulfric as a beam of energy began to envelop between Wulfric's key stone and the Abomasite, and shortly afterwards, Abomasnow had changed appearance, looking much heavier and bulkier than before.

"Use Blizzard," commanded Wulfric as Abomasnow opened its mouth and fired a powerful blizzard that directly hit Gardevoir, but due to Calm Mind, the damage done to Gardevoir was reduced.

"Use Moonblast," said Bonnie as Gardevoir fired a powerful pink orb of energy at Abomasnow.

"Counter with Wood Hammer and strike it twice," ordered Wulfric as Abomasnow, despite being directly hit by Moonblast and taking a lot of damage, managed to get in close quarters with Gardevoir and strike it twice with Wood Hammer. However, due to the effects of Wood Hammer, it took a lot of recoil damage whilst inflicting a lot of damage on Gardevoir.

"Use Calm Mind once more," commanded Bonnie as Gardevoir closed its eyes while its body began to glow once more, increasing its special attack and special defense.

"Strike it with Ice Punch," said Wulfric as Abomasnow had recovered from the recoil damage and the damage it took from Moonblast and began to charge towards Gardevoir. However, the amount of damage it took from the Moonblast and recoil from Wood Hammer had caused it to slow down, thus giving Bonnie and Gardevoir an advantage.

"Now's our chance. Finish this off with Focus Blast," ordered Bonnie as Gardevoir fired a powerful whitish-blue orb of energy at Abomasnow, scoring a direct hit, causing the Frost Tree to be knocked backwards due to the super effective attack and eventually reverting to its original form.

"Abomasnow is unable to battle. Gardevoir wins. Therefore the winner is the challenger Bonnie," declared the referee.

"We did it, Gardevoir," said Bonnie as she ran and hugged Gardevoir.

"Return, Abomasnow. Take a good rest buddy," said Wulfric as he returned the Frost Tree back into its PokeBall. He then approached Bonnie while taking out a badge from his pocket.

"Well done, Bonnie and Gardevoir. Congratulations for defeating me in this battle. As proof of victory, here is the Iceberg Badge," said Wulfric as he gave the gym badge to Bonnie.

"Thanks Wulfric," said Bonnie as he took the badge.

"Now that you have obtained all 8 Kalos Badges, you are now able to compete in the Kalos League Lumiose City in Lumiose Conference. I wish you the best of luck when competing in the league," said Wulfric.

"Thanks again, Wulfric," said Bonnie. "I'll be on my way now," Bonnie said as she began to make her way out of the gym.

"Take care," said Wulfric as he waved farewell.

Well folks, that's all of the chapters containing the Gym Battles, Island Trial Challenges and Grand Trials done and dusted. Hope you've enjoyed this story so far.

Peace out,

Jerry.