i don't need your help

After a minute of struggling, Shinsou had managed to get on the roof.

Along with Kaminari, of course.

The view from the top of the building... wasn't good.

However, it wasn't horrible either.

The rest of class 1-A seemed to be handling the villains quite well. Of course, Shinsou wouldn't expect anything less of them.

Shigaraki didn't look so pleased.

But not mad either.

Shinsou was crouched down on the edge of the building, watching while also trying to stay hidden, for the most part.

Denki was beside him, trying to put together what they should do next.

The air was stiff up there, kind of hard to breathe. They weren't that high up though, so maybe it was just Shinsou's heart beating too fast

His thoughts got interrupted by a low, scratchy voice "Kurogiri.."

It was Tomura.

"The Nomus."

Kaminaris stomach ached at the word

He knew what that meant, he knew very well, and it wasn't good, at all.

A purple portal opened up as Kurogiri nodded firmly, following the directions.

The portal was huge. About the width of one of the buildings.

And flooding out, basically filling the already destroyed asphalt streets, were Nomus.

Not one of them. Not ten of them, there was about a  hundred. Each one different from the last one, if barely that.

Before either of them could even speak, Shinsou could feel claws grasp his arms, with a loud shriek that rung in his ears

It was one of the Nomus, but with wings like a pterodactyl.

"Hey-!!" He tried to struggle out of it, grabbing at its sharp claws that were piercing into his skin

Kaminari grabbed onto Hitoshi's ankle, holding onto him as tight as he possibly could.

His other hand was in tight grasp of the ledge, trying to keep the Nomu from taking Shinsou.

He held on for as long as he could, trying to pull Shinsou back onto the roof. He grunted, trying to pull him back.

His hand slipped.

And Kaminari screamed, latching both of his arms to the first thing he could hold onto, which was Shinsou's leg.

Shinsou grunted, squinting his eyes shut to try and relieve himself of the pressure, from both his own body weight, and the other student's.

After only seconds of trying to hang on, the Nomu threw them, releasing his claws

Kaminari screamed again, this time louder from the sheer feeling of falling "nO NO NO!"

Im gonna die, im gonna die, im gonna die

It felt like they were falling forever. He couldn't feel his face, everything felt like it would just end any second now.

It took him a while, but Shinsou finally got the capture weapon to grab onto something.

Instead of falling for the last few seconds to the ground, they swung off of it.

However it wasn't very graceful.

It came to an abrupt stop and both of them got thrown onto the floor, tumbling a good few feet until they skidded to a stop.

Kaminari grunted, pushing himself off the concrete using his elbows with a cough. His whole body just felt like one huge bruise, and he was bleeding and scraped in many places.

One of the injuries coming from his head. The thick red blood stained his once golden colored hair.

Shinsou aggressively tugged at his capture scarf, which wouldn't seem to come down.

Kaminari realized how much worse the situation had gotten when he looked up, noticing they were surrounded by the Nomus. And one of them was coming straight for them

Denki panicked and did the first thing that came to mind. "Shinsou move!"

He yelled before throwing himself at the distracted boy, sending both of them tumbling directly back onto the floor, just before the Nomu's fist rammed into the front of the brick building, causing it to collapse.

Shinsou held his arms up over his face to protect himself from the falling debris.

Fuck.

That was way too close.

Just to make everything better, the sky darkened with foggy grey clouds, and it began to rain.

Not normal rain. It was pouring. To the extent where it made it hard to see through all the falling rain droplets, and you had to yell through the loud sound of water crashing down.

Shinsou huffed, pushing himself up off the floor.

He looked around frantically "Denki?!"

"Im right here!" The voice called out from behind him and he sighed in relief.

Kaminari looked around for a moment. The entire city was just...

destroyed.

There was a building that had crashed down on the floor in the middle of the street, blocking them from any contact to their classmates.

There were Nomus everywhere. Destroying everything

"Kaminari you need to leave" The voice sounded panicked, and scared, even through all the rain.

"What?! No! Im not going anywhere!" Kaminari turned completely face him

"There isn't anything we can do! I can distract them, you, please, go" The rain forced his Shinsou's hair down, which made it harder to see.

There was a chunk of broken building thrown their way, and Kaminari shoved Hitoshi out of the way, grabbing onto him.

Part of the debris kept them hidden, so they weren't yet fully exposed to the threat.

"Denki-"

"What are you going to do?! You can't do anything! They can't respond to you! There is nothing that's going to help you here!" Kaminari's voice sounded pleading, and he could feel his face heat up.

"I-... I'll figure out something, just you have to go!"

"No! Im not going anywhere, im staying right here!" His voice sounded almost angry.

The fallen apart building that was keeping them safe...

it collapsed upon contact with one of the Nomus.

They were exposed now.

Kaminari pushed Hitoshi out of the way, because he knew exactly what he was going to try to do "HEY!" he called out, getting the Nomu's attention

"No- Kaminari!" He put his hands on his shoulders, standing in front of him and the Nomu, trying to keep him safe

"Stop it! Im trying to help you!" Kaminari tried to pry his hands off of him.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP!"

"I didn't ask you!"

There was a long pause as Shinsou tried to think- quickly.

He had to do something.

He had to.

Both of them couldn't get out of there together. They'll see them, and they won't hesitate to take both of them out.

But what if...

No.

There wasn't enough time.

He could hear the sound of footsteps, big footsteps, getting closer, to the point where it rumbled the ground

"I love you."

"... what?"