"violet darling, when finn gets here just have him head straight to the trailer." maverick lampton approaches her as she sits to the sandy ground, scribbling a to-do list for the day on a piece of lined paper.

violets gaze looks up and follows his finger that pointed to a pristine white trailer, sitting out of place in the middle of nowhere.
"sure thing, mr.lampton. i'll let them know."

"oh and before you leave on your break, can you let the crew know that the beers in the cooler near the trailer are for the after party only."

"the after partys here?" she stutters.

"thats what finn had told me, yes?"

"uh, yeah okay." she stands, unaware that he had already set it up on such a official time.

truthfully, she had hoped that it was at the house, so that she could sneak away quietly without attention drawn to her.

she needed to talk to finn regarding something important, and now that the party was on sight; she wouldn't have the chance that night.

as promised, before she leaves she announces to everyone that the drinks and covered hot tub being set up was off limits until that night.

she rushed out as quick as she could, speeding down the highway in a rush to get home. it wasn't safe for her to be out in the extreme heat all day, so her air conditioned car was a health relief to her hot skin.

as well as, not having much time to get things started before the photoshoot was in motion. and because this was violets shoot, she was in charge of wardrobe. everything else as well.

she pulls into the usual empty driveway of the place she now referred to as her home. a few years back, violet didn't have a home; never in a million years would she had thought that she'd have two to call hers now.

she walks in to the heart filling sound of finns laughter from the kitchen; aylas following.

she doesnt move from the front door, dropping her things to her sides as she listens to the sweet harmony of home. she had to take it in while it lasted; for it was only a matter of time before she'd scare finn away. and she'd never hear that laugh again.

slowly, she approaches them. a smile so big, so full of love is earned from finn. he stares at violet in awe despite her being a sweaty mess. he didn't seem to notice.

finn pulls her to him, holding on so tight, it practically took her breath away. violet peeks to ayla from finns shoulder, laughing a hello towards her.

"thank you guys so much for doing this for me." violet finds her own footing without the arms of finn.
"i know youre busy with the band so, this means a lot to me."

"anything for you." finn smiles, holding into violets finger gently.

"are you guys ready? my lunch breaks only an hour, its a good twenty minute drive."

"just let me grab my things" ayla hums, leaving the kitchen to head down the hall to where they had set their stuff.

"grab mine too!" finn calls to her, quickly turning his attention back to violet.

his thumb trails across her sunburnt cheeks, practically counting the freckles that had appeared. she stares to his wandering eyes, waiting for them to connect with hers as he holds her body close by the sides of her face.

forcefully, he kisses her. pulling away to finally give her the eye contact she wanted; but instead her eyes couldn't seem to leave his lips.

"are you nervous for today?"

her head nods instantly.
"i easily could have thrown up ten times today."

he chuckles a sweet laugh, eyes stuck so closely on hers.
"you're going to crush it today, baby. i know you will."

she lets up a smile, interruption of close contact by ayla approaching them once more.

"alright! lets go shoot some award winning magazine covers!"

1260 wc