Chapter 4

"Breathe," I say to a now hyperventilating Morgan.

"Zel do you realize that this is all just so messed up," she says, frustrated, throwing her hands up in the air.

"I know." Well, what else was I supposed to say? 'Morgan I have been doing this for years now and I don't even understand how it fully works.'

No, that will freak her out even more.

When I glance over at her, she is walking with her head down. Think lines etch its way onto her forehead as she stares hard at the concrete.

She picks her head up to speak, opening her mouth slightly to talk, but when I look at her with expectation, she puts her head back down again. She does this a few times before I start to get frustrated.

"Morgan just spit it out," I blurt impatiently, and she lets out a ragged breath.

A breeze drifts past us and she shudders wrapping her arms around her body. "Here take this," I offer her the hoody I had wrapped around my waist. She takes the hoody and pulls it over her head, slipping her arms through the sleeves.

She gives me a small smile as she hugs the hoodie closer to her body. "Thanks. So..." she trails. "Have you ever saved me from a nightmare?" She asks, playing with her fingers in anticipation.

I know Morgan is afraid after I told her everything. I have been friends with her long enough to know that when something bothers her she starts to play with her fingers.

I don't judge her for being afraid. Who wouldn't be afraid knowing that there is a possibility of them being killed by a demon in their dreams.

If I leave her like this she will try not to sleep because she's afraid. I can't let her go through this. I can't let her live her life in constant fear.

She needs to forget.

"No I have never saved you from a nightmare," I say with a humorous smile as an attempt to bring light to a horrible situation.

"So you can do magic too huh," she says, kicking at the stones in front of her.

"Yeah, but I only know a few spells that work in this realm. Besides doing magic here is tricky." She nods, running a hand through her hair as she processes all of the information. "Are you okay now?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"You lied to me Zel," she says, causing my eyes to widen in confusion.

"Technically speaking I didn't lie. I just kept a secret. Everyone has secrets, Morgan."

"I thought we were best friends I thought we told each other everything," she argues.

"Morgan," I say pinching the bridge of my nose. "I'm sorry okay, but I couldn't have told you even if I wanted to."

"Then why are you telling me now?" she asks stopping in her tracks.

I stop in front of her unable to face her as I speak. "I needed you to walk home with me so I can have my aunt erase your memory," I guilty admit.

"Erase my memory...." She repeats and starts hyperventilating again. I turn around and take in the appalled look on her face. She is looking at me as if I'm a monster. "No," she says in disbelief, running a hand down her face. "Zel how can you do this to me?" she practically yells.

"I won't take away all your memories just the last few hours," I try to persuade her and she looks at me with fear evident in her eyes. "Only the last few hours of today. I promise Morgan." The blood has run out of her face and she stares blankly at me.