The Horan's Son: Chapter 5

We ran for what seemed like miles and miles, but it wasn't that far - I mean we were still in the mall. We ran past Hollister, Banana Republic, Abercrombie, Adidas, Aldo, Gap, Coach, Forever 21, Crocs, etc., and we didn't stop. As much as I wanted to run into all those stores and just grab a few clothes to run with, I knew it was wrong. I was getting hungry.

"SUUUBWAAY!" I yelled as we ran past Subway.

"Shut up and run!" Caleb shouted. And so I did, even though I was super duper hungry since it was about 5:00 now, almost dinner time.

How weird would it look to see two teenagers running through the mall. Let me picture it for you. You're looking for clothes in a nice store, with soft music playing in the back ground when all of the sudden all you hear is, "FOOOOOOOOOD!!" and see two teenagers running throughout the mall. I mean, I'm suprised no one called security on us, because I definitely would have if I were them.

We made it to the far end of the mall and had to go down stairs until we came to some doors that led outside. We opened the doors just enough for us to get outside, hopeful not to leave a hint, and darted into the parking lot. How stupid were we? We had no transportation; We had people chasing us; And we had just ran into the middle of an open parking lot. Pretty stupid I tell ya.

We made it almost half way across the parking lot before we heard footsteps running after us, and of course, it wasn't some magical fairy running after us to carry us away from the big meanies, but it was the big meanies themselves. Ugh. 

"Um...What do we do now?! Seriously! I don't want to die..." I said.

"We can't let them get us!" he replied.

"And we won't!"

"Just keep running, I think I can make some calls...figure something out! But lets try to outrun them!"

We ran and ran and ran. My side was killing me like crazy, like honestly mom - you should have sent me to a cross country club instead of a book reading club. As we ran, Caleb pulled a cell phone out of his pocket, oh and of course it was like the latest iPhone. iPhone 6. What the heck? That's not even fair. The closest thing I have to a cell phone is a slide phone that barely even works. 

Anyway, he pressed a few buttons and held his phone to his ear. I couldn't really hear what he was saying because of the adrenaline pumping in my ear drums, making everything seem almost as a blur.

A few moments later, he put his phone away.

"Follow me!" he said. He darted around a few cars. By now, we were already to the end of the parking lot, running past a few places like Buffalo Wild Wings, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Party City. He led me across the highway, barely stopping for cars as they zoomed past and 60 miles per hour. Why didn't he stop? Maybe because there were just a few men in black suits chasing us a few feet behind. 

"You see that grey-silver Audi sports car over there that's worth about $125,000?" Caleb finally spoke.

"Dang! Yeah. I do." I replied.

"Run to it. Get in. Don't look back."

We ran up to the car, no questions asked, and hopped in as the men started to gain on us. Heaving heavily, we slammed the door shut.

"DRIVE!" shouted Caleb, as the men were just about to reach for the door.

Still catching my breath, I finally looked up to see a man with curly brown hair looking at me.

"Hi! I'm Harry!" he said, and we drove down the highway.