14. Did You Have Fun with XX?

"Master, is the little princess alright?"

The first to come up to Xia Lian Bei was his closest attendant, Shai.

Prince Feng didn't even glance his way as he snorted.

The small dumpling took a peek from her father's shoulder to look at the young man with honey-like skin.

"Sai! Sai!" Her brilliant eyes said hello to him.

Shai's lips involuntarily twitched as his line of sight travelled from the small girl to the collapsed horses and lamenting coachmen on the street in front of them.

The little princess was formidable, ah! After such an accident, she was still lively as ever.

Of course, the coachmen of the two carriages weren't blind. They saw the person who was now carrying the child they almost accidentally ran over.

Turned out the child was related to this buddha! There was really no medicine for regret!

Cold sweat further drenched both their clothes which were already wet by the rain but no one stepped up to speak on their behalf.

That person was still standing by the Gao Le palace gates donning bright (quite hurtful to the eyes) clothes, narrowing his eyes on them. There was a sharp contrast between his facial expression and the mismatched orange and green robes making him look quite comical but one would rather die than to laugh at his face.

Pale hair, sanguine eyes, straight nose, thin pale lips and a dainty body that would seem to fall and break any minute.

The rain had stopped and some sunshine peeked from the thick clouds. If not for this reminder that it was still daytime and the strange color combination of his robes, that person would be called a ghost.

The capital didn't see this man for almost three years but who could forget such unique appearance?

The one people secretly called a demon because of his aberrant physique, way of clothing and temper, Feng wang.

Both the coachmen fell on their knees with a thud but none of them dared to speak. In their profession, they tended to have noble people as customers too. And whenever these customers' conversation strayed to this demon prince, it was said that the best option was always to shut up.

Less words, less mistakes.

It wasn't as if one could casually speak in his presence.

Xia Lian Bei stared for a few more seconds, "Have someone pay for the dead horses."

When the two coachmen heard this, their faces blanked for a moment then immediately kowtowed in gratitude the next. They didn't even mind the damp dirt meeting their foreheads.

"Thanking his Highness, Feng wang! Long live his Highness, Feng wang!"

They were just praying not to die today but who would have thought prince Feng would even pay for their lost livelihood? Good thing, his Highness had discerning eyes.

It was truly an accident! Who would want to purposefully run over someone? Much more an innocent child?

Xia Lian Bei boarded his own carriage and set off to his palace while still holding on to his daughter. But he was quite absent minded.

The moment he stormed inside princess Gao Le's chamber, the scene that greeted him was the two cuddling and having a pleasant conversation.

The image of that hateful woman embracing his child with a soft and almost loving gaze had a profound effect on his mind more than he let on.