Chapter Nine Part II

Start from the beginning

I slipped easily through the sizable opening and turned back to thank him.

"Thank me in the morning if Master does not notice you gone, Miss" he interrupted me.

I grinned sheepishly "How do you know I was gonna say that?"

The light from the garden lamps shone on the door and illuminated Bitterman's face. I noticed a sad expression take over his face. The few silver strands in his brown hair seemed to shine all the more in the moonlight. There were dark wrinkles under his eyes. But his eyes gleaned kindly all the while.

"You wouldn't know it, Miss but you are more like our lovely Late Mistress than you are like Master", he said.

A knot run arose in my throat and I nodded back.

Soon, I was running across the driveway towards Ed who was standing right outside the mansion, a lit cigarrette in hand and a grumpy expression on his face. He was leaning on his bike with his arms folded across his chest. The iron front gate was manned by security gaurds. They let me out without any fuss. They are used to my "unusual" trips. I knew they wouldn't blab to Sam. I guess no one here likes obeying Sam.

Ed flicked his cigarrette away as I approached him. And then within moments, I was flying away from the mansion at an insane speed on Ed's bike.

I stretched my arms out and leaned my head back. The air whistled in my ears and fought through the strands of my open hair. A familiar feeling seeped through my entire body and I grinned like the Cheshire cat.

And then, I realised what was making me so happy.

It was freedom.

"Fuck!" swore Ed "Why the hell are we hiding in this shit-hole? I think something just bit me"

I whacked his head "Keep your mouth shut, you dolt. We are supposed to be hiding"

He growled "Hiding my ass. Let's just go to their Headquarters and blow their brains off".

I kept my mouth shut cause I agreed with him. We were both standing in a completely dark area of a construction site. It was the ground floor of a half constructed building. Apparently, work here had been abandoned a few weeks ago and now all that was left were cement bags spilled all over and iron rods littered here and there. The walls of the building hadn't even been built, except for a few room divisions.

Ed and I were standing in a god-awful smelling room just adjacent to a big room. Jake, Kenley, Chris and the others were hiding somewhere else in the building.

Unfortunately, it was also completely dark in here.

"Aah...Fuck! Fuck! I swear there's something licking my feet" Ed shouted.

Just then, I heard the sound of bikes nearing us. Judging by the sound of Ed cursing near me, I stepped towards him and made a grab for him in the dark.

"Hey! Watch it! That's my hair you are messing up!" he shouted.

I clamped my hand over his mouth tightly and dragged him near the door frame.

"Shut up! Dixon is here" I growled. Ed finally stopped growling and I removed my hand.

We both stooped low near the door as we tried to hear everything we could.

There was a lot of footsteps for a while and a few people muttering in low voices to each other.

And then, we heard the God of Shit himself.