Chapter 25

(Lucy's pov)

When Sebastian and I arrived in town he helped me out of the carriage and, showed me around. I window shopped as we walked around. "If there is any thing you would like please let me know. It shall be my gift to you." Sebastian said while smiling. "You don't have to get me anything. As long as we're friends that's enough for me!" I said forcing a smile on my face. I didn't want to say 'friends' he was more than that to me, but I know he doesn't have feelings like that.

I sighed to myself at this thought. "Is something wrong Lucy?" Sebastian asked. So he heard that "it's nothing." I replied and we continued walking, for me sight seeing. It was so exciting to see London during this time period.

It was going to be dark soon so we decided to return to the manor.

After a while we arrived and Sebastian helped me out of the carriage. When I opened the door the room was decorated and everyone yelled "happy birthday Lucy!" in unison. I felt a single tear run down my cheek. everyone then began to apologize " were so sorry Lucy we thought you would love it. we didn't mean to upset you!" Finny,Bard, and Mey-Rin said in unison. I laughed and said "I love it! no one has ever done something like this for me!" I replied and hugged them all while thanking them.

"Happy birthday Lucy!" said a little girl's voice. I looked to see Lizzy I was surprised to see her. "Thank you!" I said with a smile.

"Come on Lucy open your gifts!" finny insisted "you didn't have to get me anything." I replied. "Don't be silly of course we did your our friend after all!" said Bard. I smiled slightly and they handed me gifts. As I opened them I thanked them. Lizzy gave me a beautiful long sleeve scarlet dress, and Mey-Rin, Finny ,and Bard gave me a beautiful jewelry box.

"Thank you everyone!" I said smiling " I do believe you have forgotten a gift." said Sebastian. I gave him a confused looked and he smirked, I knew right away what that meant. "I told you you didn't have to get me anything earlier." I said although, I still thanked him.

He handed me a box larger than I had expected. What did he get me. I opened the box and inside was a smaller box. Wait what? I was slightly confused. Then I opened the smaller box and it was a silver necklace with a sapphire diamond hanging from it.

I looked to him and said " are you serious! this is too much! hell a simple card would have been fine!" he smiled and said "I take it you like it?" "Are you kidding I love it!! thank you! but when did you get it I was with you all day and yesterday you were here?" I stated "I saw you looking at it in a shop window. when and how I got it shall remain a mystery." he said as though to play games with me.

After hearing that I hugged him and thanked him again.

As it got later people went to bed and Lizzy left. But before she left I thanked her again and she said " It was no problem at all. Just promise me one thing." what is it?" I asked curious. "You absolutely must wear the dress I gave you at the next ball I have!" she said excited. "Why of course!" I replied, then watched her leave.

(Sebastian's pov)

The party had come to an end and I seemed to go well. When Lucy came back from seeing lady Elizabeth off she started to help me clean the room. "You don't have to help. It is still your day off you know." I said to her.

"It's no problem! everyone got me such nice things and threw this party for me, the least I could do is help clean." she said smiling.

______________________________________________________

Sorry this chapter is late had a busy weekend. And slept ALOT. ^_^

Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter!!