STORY OF THE CHUBBY 16

Start from the beginning

I mean, it’s not like he said ‘I’ll text you’ or anything. Oh my ...I can’t believe I’m already thinking of another boy already.

Chris.

Freaking Chris.

Why? Why did I have to fall for him? Why did he have to have Mrs Watson as his neighbour? Why did he have to meet Alex? Why? Why? Why?

The microwave beeped indicating the popcorn was ready and I sighed as I poured it from the bag to the bowl. I guess the wise thing would be to try and push those feelings as far as possible and concentrate on Alex and school for now on.

I started up the stairs, shaking my head as if to rid my head off a certain hazel eyed boy. I paused by Alex’s door, trying to listen to what was happening behind the door.

Laughter.

Opening the door, I found Sammy sitting by Alex, watching the movie.

Everything was fine.

Feeling myself relaxing, I headed to the bed and sat on the other side of Alex’s bed.

‘You started the movie without me?’ I said, pouting. ‘No popcorn for you guys then!’

‘Aww, Gwacie...here...Start’n over,’ she said, restarting the movie with the remote. I stuck my tongue out then put the bowl on her lap.

Looking over at Sammy, I gave her a smile and she gave me one back. Guess I had my friend back.

‘Look, Gwace! She got me a Niall doll,’ Alex said, picking up a doll by her side. ‘She just guess’d he was ma favourite!’

‘Lucky guess,’ I said, beaming at Sammy who just shrugged as if it was nothing. I couldn’t even get mad at Sammy for long I thought amused. She made a mistake yes, but at least she came around.

I shook my head. Stop thinking about Chris, I scolded myself and forced myself to pay attention to Adam Sandler on the screen.

‘He hadn’t talked to me for a week then yesterday he decides to just come up to me and  talk to me,’ Sammy said as she blew on her now neon yellow nails.

She had brought her set of nail accessories and we’d done our nails after the movie which was hilarious and my new favourite by the way.

Alex decided to put yellow, red, green, blue, pink and purple on different nails. ‘What? I love colours,’ she’d said, wiggling her eyebrows, when I’d looked at her as if she was crazy.

I had settled on blue and as we waited for them to dry, I had asked Sammy what was going on with Chuck. I hadn’t really seen much of him since he stopped sitting with us.

‘He practically drags me to an empty classroom and asks why I’ve been ignoring him. I mean come on! He’s the one who kissed me ...and...He told me to stay out of his life!’

‘Maybe he’s just as confused as you are,’ I said, looking at my nails. ‘Maybe he likes you but doesn’t know how to handle it,’ I continue.

‘You’ve been reading too many romance novels, Cece,’ Sammy snorted, crossing her legs on the bed.

‘I think Gwace is right,’ Alex chipped in. ‘Wha’ happen’d then?’

‘Well, he said he wanted to show me something to show me tomorrow,’ Sammy said, looking thoughtful. ‘He said he’d pick me up at noon.’

‘Well, I guess maybe you’ll get some answers then. If you don’t get any or if you feel convinced there’s nothing that will come out of this...Then-‘

‘You’ll  need to le’ go,’ Alex said and I nodded.

Sammy looked at her nails, looking sad. ‘I guess so. Oh my God. This is hard.’

‘Who said life is easy,’ Alex gave her a sad smile.

I cooked dinner and after we ate and Alex took her pills, she had to turn in. Sammy left shortly after thanking me for giving her another chance.

‘I can’t believe I- Alex is amazing, Cece,’ she said as I walked her to the car.

‘Yea,’ I said. ‘But she doesn’t have much time left.’

I explained to her everything and she looked shocked and sad when I finished.

‘Damn, Cece. That’s bad,’ she said then engulfed me in a hug.

She went home after I made her promise she’d call me after meeting with Chuck.

Tomorrow Alex was going for her doctor’s appointment and then they’d go to the zoo so it was definitely going to be a boring day. I would have gone to Chris’s house but of course that wouldn’t be happening now.

Changing in to my pyjamas, I entered my bed and soon I fell into a peaceful slumber where everything was perfect.

‘Boring, boring...boring,’ I muttered under my breath as I flipped through the channels.

‘Screw it,’ I said switching off the TV. It was around 4:20 in the evening and I was bored out of my mind. I decided I’d go and listen to music or play the guitar when I hear the doorbell ring.

I was a bit decent today since I had to go to the grocery store. I was in jeans and a really long black shirt with odd colours splattered across it.

I opened the door, I almost chocked on my own spit when I saw the guy in front of me. Clad in a simple white tee and dark jeans was Chris and he was even smiling.

‘If your done checking me out, Cecelia, I believe we have a dinner to attend,’ he said, his eyes shining down at me, his lips pulled into an amused grin.

A/N:
When I was new I used to wonder what A/N meant. Lol.
Anyway... are you surprised? I know I am. Thanks for reading my story and even if not all of you vote or comment.
Hey you could add this to your reading lists BTW.
Anyway... I like that word don't I...?
#Chricelia anyone?;)
Thanks to SmartaraLove for the ship name.;)
Til next weekend...Later loves:)

Vote COMMENT please:)
Love y'all.
Asante