My eyes widen "He was?"

Winnie and Nick don't look surprised "He naturally is. He's only rude to his peers. The guy is really well mannered" Nick says.

"I never saw this coming" I breathe.

"Our parents adore him" Winnie informs.

"They actually adore all the Chambers children" Nick says before looking at Winnie "Remember how dad was once upon a time set on me marrying Riley even though she was so much older?" Nick laughs at the memory and so does Winnie.

Riley. As in Riley Jane Chambers?

"Who's Riley?" Kat asks before I can.

My ears perk up at their answer.

Winnie's eyes widen "Oh shit, we weren't supposed to mention her. You guys can't tell or ask Kyle"

"Only if you tell us who she is" I bargain.

"She's Kyle's sister-"

"Kyle has a sister?" Kat interrupts shocked.

I have to feign shock too so I don't give too much away.

Winnie nods frowning "Yes. But you guys, she's been missing for more than two years"

"Oh my gosh, what the fuck?" Kat gasps.

"Kyle thinks she's dead now. I have a very strong feeling that she's not" Nick adds "You guys can't tell him that we told you. He hates speaking about it"

"That's why he's so... detached" Kat sighs.

"He's always been like that but it got so much worse after everything" Nick says.

"Chels, why are you so quiet?" Winnie notes looking at me concerned.

"It's just... it's a lot to take in" I lie.

I already knew all this. Well except the part where Kyle thinks she's dead. To be honest I would too. Imagine someone goes missing for an entire two years and more. There's no other scenario that would make sense except that one. It sucks to admit.

I can only imagine how Kyle feels.

"Do you guys know how she went missing?" I ask in the silence.

I think Kat is way too shocked to say anything. Winnie and Nick look saddened at the reminder. They probably also knew Riley and were her friends.

Winnie shrugs "Kyle never told us"

I wonder.

"But it was such a big deal. It was all over the news. Jef is a big guy so everyone knew and they were all looking for her" Nick says "It was a real shame when she was never found"

"Poor Kyle" Kat mutters sadly.

"They were really close" Winnie says "All three of them; Kyle, Riley and Zorro"

"I can't imagine Kyle and Zorro getting along" I can't help but laugh lightly.

"You would be surprised" Nick snorts.

"Zorro used to be such a good guy" Winnie tells us "I think I even had a small crush on him"

I look at her weirdly amused.

She shrugs defensively "What? The Chambers men are fine. Not even you can deny that, Chelsea-Anne"

I can't.

"Maybe" I snort.

"I also can't" Kat chirps "Kyle is all kinds of fine. I had a huge crush on him in the first semester"