(27): Official Friendship

Start from the beginning

She sighs sadly "Well, I was rooting for you guys. But I guess it's a good thing you stayed true to yourself"

"I guess" I shrug thoughtfully.

I get up from the couch "Well I had a pretty long day so I think I'm going to have an early night. Plus I have that flight tomorrow"

"Goodnight, Chels" She smiles genuinely.

"Night, Josie" I smile back before making my way upstairs.

What a day, huh?

One relationship mended and one broken.

Everything is changing this year, isn't it? I feel like by the end of it all I'll be an entirely different person.

For better or for worse.

***

"Well, well, well she has returned" Is the first thing I hear when I enter the apartment. That's definitely Nicholas.

After a very emotional goodbye at the airport, I finally got on my plane. Dad made me promise to visit again very soon and that he'd stay in touch. Chris didn't want me to go just yet, he was this close to crying. Josie was just full on sobbing, I think it's the pregnancy hormones.

I went to go say bye to the Forrests. They were very sad to see me go. Well all except for Jake who was apparently too busy 'sleeping' to come downstairs to say bye to me. Pity. They also made me promise to come back very soon. Theo just have me one last excited 'ga-ga'.

I'm going to miss that little guy.

"Yes, Nicholas, I have returned" I sigh collapsing on the couch. "And I am very exhausted"

Last time we spoke, he was kind of cussing me out. Well me and Kyle.

"It's a good thing you came back a day earlier so you can have the entire day off to study tomorrow" He shrugs "That was my plan too"

"Great minds think alike"

"I'll be right back" I announce before getting up and taking my bags into my bedroom. They looked untidy just standing there. Plus I'm pretty sure Kyle would scold me for that.

Neat freak.

Nicholas immediately gets up from the couch when I return "Well, anyways I was just leaving"

"Seriously?" I look at him skeptically "Are you still mad at me?"

He looks at me confused "Mad at you?"

"Yeah. About the Winnie thing" I ask "Why do you leave when I'm here when clearly you were fine just before I got here"

He laughs "Chels. Just in case no one's ever told you this but I don't hold grudges and I let go of my anger pretty quickly so I'm definitely not still mad at you"

I remember hearing something like that.

"So then why are you leaving?" I accuse.

"Because Kyle said I had to be gone before he came back or he would kill me. I may have eaten all his Lays chips"

Ooh. Wrong move. He loves those.

"Nicholas" I tut laughing "You just love playing with fire, don't you?"

"What? They were right in front of me"

I laugh "Okay fine you can go. But only because I don't want to be a witness in your murder"

He smiles before crouching to give me a big and warm hug causing me to giggle "I missed you, little Chels"

"Missed you too, loser" I grin.