Misadventures of a Teenage Dog

My name is Ariel Fairland. I'm currently part of one of the craziest families every. In the past month our basement has blown up at least five times. I don't know exactly what my brother is up to, but from the smell, sound, and the occasional glance of it, it's nothing like his other experiments. 

Confused yet? You should be. Let me explain.

My brother is a nineteen year old "mad scientist". His idol is Einstein, and he is always working on something new that always fails. His first name, is ironically Einstein too. He is really smart, but he probably should have no buisness with science. I'm his test subject. I've been landed into the hospital at least four times from this, but he is blackmailing me.

You see, a year back we made a deal. He caught me at a party drunk, in a flamingo costume (Don't ask me why because I have no idea), and being the great brother he is, he took a picture, and threatened to put it on the internet if i didn't do a favor for him. So that's why I'm here as his guinea pig. I hope he gets through this phase soon, because I have a feeling this isn't gonna end well.

I was a weird, but normal teenager. My favorite food has always been cupcakes, and I've never had a huge problem in my life ever. If you sent me a challenge, I'd always get through it. If I was unliked, I wouldn't care. I was perfect in a lot of areas, my life was perfect life in a lot of areas. So, when what happened, did, I had no idea what I had found myself in. 

--&--

It's right before school, and I'm currently looking in the mirror, trying to put my plain brown hair into a nice bun, but with no luck. I decided to just put my hair into a pony tail, before leaving the bathroom to go downstairs.

Waiting downstairs on one of our barstools like usual, is my best friend, Ella. This doesn't suprise me this has been our routine for years; she comes to my house, we eat cereal, and then we walk the three blocks to school together in downtown New York City. What does suprise, is that she is holding two cupcakes in her hands.

"Cupcakes!" I yell, and snatch one out of her hand before shoving into my mouth as fast as i can, without bothering to get rid of the wrapper. She looks at me with a horrified expression on her face, before starting to slowly peeling off the wrapper of her cupcake like the OCD girl she is.

"Good morning to you too. Who said you could have that cupcake?" She asked me teasingly before taking a bite from her oun delicious treat.

"My stomach," I replied before swallowing my bite. It was not an un-known fact that my favorite food was cupcakes, in fact at least half the school knew, thanks to me screaming whenever they had them in the cafeteria. That or the fact that i had a stash in my locker, either way, it was my favorite food, and your touched one of my cupcakes, you'd lose a finger or two. 

"Well, it's time to go," she said picking up her backpack, and slighing it over her shoulder. I followed her to the front door of my modern two-story house, before getting stopped by my brother who was repeatively calling my name. 

"What?" I asked impatientally, glancing between my brother, and the door. Ella was still there, waiting for me to come.

"I need you to test out my new product."

"Can't this wait til' after school?" I asked, trying to hurry up the conversation. 

"It'll be quick, I promise."

"Okay. Fine. Ella you can go wait in the car," I said tossing her the keys to my Honda Civic.

I followed my brother downstairs, before asking, "What did you make today?"

"I made a invention so we can read a dog's mind," he said picking up a helmet and placing it on my head, before doing the same to our dog, Matt.

"Are you sure this is safe?" I asked worried. He had been working on this project for so long, and i was seriously praying that I don't die.

"I'm sure," he said before flipping a switch.

I was fine for a minute, until I had a pain in my head, and i swore my life flashed before my eyes. I let out a scream of pain before falling to the floor.

I saw Einstein run to me.

That all happened, before I blacked out. 

This is my first story, I'm gonna try to update as often as possible. I hope you enjo, and I'm also wondering how you can make a book cover. If you like comment.

Thx,

Ryleighwaldo