10| Ex- Who?

The next day in homeroom, you were sitting in your usual spot next to Jisung, chatting with Chenle and Renjun, who were visiting from their classroom down the hall when the homeroom teacher walked in trailed by a new student.  You looked up as she introduced him to the class.  Around you, the girls all stared and whispered.  And you stared, too. 

"Good morning, we have a new transfer student," the teacher announces, "His name is Hwang Hyunjin."

The boy looked up, shyly, his gaze landing on you. Your heart jumped in recognition before plummeting to your stomach. The teacher pointed to the empty desk in front of yours," you can sit there in front of Y/N.  Y/N raise your hand, please." You shyly raised your hand, but your head was spinning. 

The boy, Hyunjin, glanced at you as he sat down, then he turned around, looking you directly in the eyes.

"Aren't you Y/N from my old school?  I didn't know that you moved here."  He laughed giving you a familiar heart-melting eye smile. "Who knew we would run into each other.  I guess it's luck."

Hwang Hyunjin.  Damn, I am screwed. Out of all people that could have transferred it had to be my ex-crush.

And just like that, it felt like your first day of high school all over again.
-
The first day you fell for Hwang Hyunjin.

__________________

"Um," you felt someone hovering over you during lunch and looked up to find Hyunjin, fiddling with the sleeves of his school uniform, "Can I sit with you? I don't really know anyone else." You found yourself sympathizing with him since you had been in the same situation, already. Wait a minute-

You felt your cheeks flushing with color as you remembered that you were indeed facing the boy that you had liked for the past year of your high school life before you moved. Hyunjin noticed your hesitation and smiled, nervously, "I mean you don't have to-"

"No, it's fine," you blurted out, flustered. Beside you, you felt Jisung tense up, but he said nothing. You knew he could tell that your heart was now divided.

Hyunjin sat down quietly across from you, sandwiched between Jaemin and Jeno. Jeno smiled at him as he looked up from his notebook, "What's up? I'm Jeno."

"Hyunjin."

It was hard for you not to look at someone that you had a crush on for so long and still not say that you couldn't fall in love with him all over again, but then there was Jisung. What were you supposed to tell him? Oh, this is my crush from my old school, I hope that everything can work itself out? He'd even had the courage to tell you that he liked you.

After school, you found Jisung waiting for you in the library, his facial expression unreadable as you approached the seat next to him. You expected him to immediately begin barraging you with questions about why the hell you were acting the way you did around Hyunjin but he instead began asking you to help him with his homework. His hands were clenched in fists, however, making you doubt that he was okay with the situation.

"So you know that sin(x) = 1/csc(x), so you can simplify the equation by replacing sine with that and cancel out the csc(x)," you were saying, but noticed that he was once again not paying attention, his eyes trained on your face, but this time, he was frowning.

"Are you okay?" you asked.

"How do you know that transfer student?" he blurted out. Ah, so he definitely was thinking about Hyunjin, after all.

You looked down at your hands, embarrassed, "he's my ex-crush..." your voice dropped off at the end, however, so he didn't quite catch your answer.

"Your ex-who?"

"Crush."

"I see." You could tell that he was bothered by your answer and felt immediate regret.

"It's just hard to see someone that you've liked for so long suddenly reappear out of the blue. It took me by surprise." You explain to him.

"No, it's okay. I understand."

"Really?"

"Really."

_______________

Jisung's POV

Little did Y/N know that Jisung was now plotting ways to make sure that Hwang Hyunjin never made his way back into her heart. He didn't know why he wanted to; he knew that he shouldn't like her, anyway. Not when he was a danger to her. But he couldn't help himself. It was Y/N after all. And who couldn't like her?

After studying in the library, he made his way over to the florist shop that was on the corner near his apartment and purchased a budding rose, went home and placed it in a glass of water. Tomorrow it would be in bloom. Perfect.

Renjun came home from tutoring two hours later and glanced skeptically at the rose on Jisung's bedside table, "What's that for? Aesthetics? We already have perfect aesthetics right here."He pointed to himself.

Jisung crinkled his nose.

"No, it's for-" he stopped himself before he said her name. Renjun smiled, mischievously.

"Don't tell me that you got yourself a crush..."

"What? No, it's for a- teacher. Mhm, teacher appreciation, you know."

"Okay, right. Since when?"

"Shut up. Renjun."

"Why?"

"Because I can kill you."

"That's murder."

"It's called self-defense."

"Against what?"

"Your fake-ass aesthetics."

"I'm telling Jeno that you said that to me."

"Mhm."

"No, I really am!"

"He says as he looks up at me." Jisung looked over at Renjun who was now putting Jeno on speakerphone.

"Good evening, you are speaking to the wonderful sunshine, Mr. Jeno.  How may I help you?"

"JISunG just called me SHorT!"

Jeno chuckled on the other end of the line, "What I tell you, Renjun? The maknae is always on top."