Exposition and Insanity

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I know, I know." He walked right up to you, one clawed hand coming down to move a loose strand of hair behind your ear. "Things have... changed."

You took a step back, moving away from his touch. He frowned at that, almost rolling his eyes. You knew right then you were testing his patience, you needed to get that guards attention. Stat. Perhaps screaming wasn't the best idea, especially with this clown's claws only inches away.

"How about a game then?" he didn't bother touching you again, taking a few steps back himself. "We coul-

"No!" you yelled the word, catching him by surprise as he quite literally jumped. Hopefully the guard had heard that.

"Geez, no need to yell doll." He ran a hand through his hair, looking at you as if you were the crazy one.

"What's wrong now?" the guard was turning the corner as he spoke, and you breathed a sigh of relief. The guard had a gun, everything would be okay now. He walked up to you, looking annoyed as he scratched the short, ginger hair on his head. "Why are you screamin'? This isn't the washroom!"

You stared at him, your mouth open in disbelief. Was he blind or just stupid? Did he not see the 7-foot clown in front of you?

"Hello? Shoot the clown?" you gestured toward Jack, a little too irritated to care about anything but the guard's incompetence.

"Crazy bitch." He whispered the words under his breath but you managed to hear them, your temper flaring. "Look, Miss, you need some rest. C'mon." He walked right up to you, paying Jack no mind as he grabbed your wrist, tugging you away harshly. You struggled at first, angry and annoyed as he pulled you along regardless. The whole time the clown giggled, waving at you as the guard took you around the hall.

"What are you doing?" your tone of voice easily conveyed your frustration. "Don't you see the clown? He's one of them, he's with the killers! Do something?"

"I think ya need to be moved to a psych ward." The guard mumbled, dragging you back to your room before tossing the door open and pushing you inside. You heard him huff another curse before hearing his body lean against the wall again.

Angrily you turned around, wondering what to do next when you realized just how alone you were. Well, you weren't. Not by a longshot. Instead, laying on his side on your bed was the very clown, his gray eyes boring into your own. You wouldn't be surprised if he drove people crazy with that little trick. Only five minutes and the guard was already convinced that you were nuts.

Now what should you do? Try to escape again? Only for that guard to toss you back in. No, that was a bad idea. Perhaps you could confront him? Knock out his little clown ass. You considered it, your eyes darting around the room in search of a weapon. The closest thing to a weapon you could find was the metallic food tray on your nightstand. Would that really do any good? Clearly the clown was something more than human. Or maybe.... He wasn't anything at all.  Maybe it truly was all in your imagination. Perhaps that was why the guard didn't see him?

Still, you weren't going to take any chances.

"So, I'm crazy now." You stated the words slowly, letting it sink in, trying to grow accustomed to it. Of course, you didn't buy it for a minute. There was no way you were crazy, there was no way this was a hallucination. Then again... what would a hallucination look like? You imagined something similar. Insanity was honestly so difficult to grasp. Do the crazy ones think they're sane, while the sane ones think they're crazy? You weren't sure, but you opted to hold your wits together.

"It's not so bad." The clowns grin grew, he had one hand holding his head up while the other toyed with the plain, white bedsheets. "Insanity can be quite fun."