"What'd you dream about?" 

Dakota pauses, not liking his question, but only seeing genuine curiosity in his eyes. He didn't know much about talking to people, not knowing that some things you don't bring up. 

"A lot of things, Lucifer being the main thing." She answers honestly, dropping her gaze from his. 

"My father?" He questions, tilting his head to the side in confusion. 

"Yeah," She nods, "awhile back...I--he possessed me." 

Dakota goes in with the story of Lucifer manipulating her, making her see things that weren't there. She even explained what happened when she was in the hospital. She didn't realize how easy it was to talk to Jack, he sat there and listen to everything she said--not interrupting her to ask her questions, just listening. 

"It was his plan from the beginning, he went after me so my family would be so overcome with worry that they wouldn't look for him. It gave him enough time to plan. He started planning out things when I was in the hospital, when he put me in the hospital." 

"I'm sorry, Dakota." Jack apologizes softly. Dakota looks over at him with a furrowed brow, she glances down at his hand before slowly placing hers over it.

"Jack, none of what happened to me was your fault." She tells him. "You weren't even born yet, there was nothing you could've done." 

"I know, but I'm still sorry you went through that, that it was my father doing it." Jack's shoulders slump down, Dakota squeezes his hand--adjusting her grip so their fingers were laced together. 

"He might be why you're here, but he's not your father, Jack." Dakota says gently. "You're nothing like him, J."

"J?" Jack questions, his head tilted to the side. Dakota chuckles. 

"It's a nickname. Like how Sammy and my dad call me Kota." She explains.

"Oh. I like it." Jack grins widely at her. Dakota smiles back. 

"What's going on?" Sam asks as he sits up, blinking from the light in the kitchen. Dakota springs apart from Jack, pulling her hand from his, and ending up on the other side of the couch.

Sam narrows his eyes at her before shaking his head, running a hand through his hair and getting out of the bed. 

"Nothing, I just woke up a little bit ago. Made some coffee." Dakota replies awkwardly, coughing slightly--heat crawls up her neck, turning her face bright red.

"You okay?" Sam cocks his head to the side. 

"Yeah," Dakota says, giving Sam a thumbs up before she face palms, groaning at her own actions. 

"Yeah, okay." Sam snorts in amusement, grabbing his own cup of coffee.

Dean groans, Sam's voice waking him up, he sits up and blinks over at his family. Dakota chuckles at him, her cheeks fading back to their normal color. Jack just watches the scene in confusion, not sure what changed so fast. 

"Coffee and then the plan?" Dakota cleared her throat, scratching her head and glancing at Jack a couple of times. 

Dean grunts in agreement, slowly making his way toward the coffee. Sam laughs as he hands his brother a mug, watching Dakota squirm nervously as Dean stares between her and the Nephilim suspiciously. 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.