Sirius was close enough to press his wand to my throat. I gulped and the tip of his wand grazed my chin.

"After I am done with the Marauders, I will move on to young Cassiopeia-"

"Riddikulus!"

Tonks suddenly appeared behind me, shrieking the Boggart-Banishing spell. Sirius never got to finish his sentence. The spell hit him in the chest, and he shrunk to the size of a young boy. In his place was a first year Sirius moaning over a botched haircut. I couldn't help but chuckle at the funny memory. The Boggart disappeared in a puff of dust. I also couldn't believe after all that time, my Boggart had changed from my extreme fear of spiders to none other than the man I loved.

"Lexi, we should leave," Tonks gulped. "This place is crawling with Boggarts."

"You had to face one too?"

"I faced three."

She didn't elaborate on the subject. I pressed my hand to my beating chest and took a closer look around Sirius' bedroom. I looked fondly at the posters of Muggle bands, Gryffindor banners, and photos of bikini-clad women on the walls- all things Sirius used to annoy Walburga. There was no sign that the room had been touched in years. Tonks rifled through his dresser. As I inspected Sirius' desk, I found one photo of the Marauders from Hogwarts that I tucked in my pocket when Tonks wasn't looking. 

"Sirius isn't here," I said. "Do you truly think my worst fear is Sirius?"

"No, I think the truth that Sirius is a murderer and supported You-Know-Who is your worst nightmare. The reality is your greatest fear."

"Sirius Black never had the courage to support the Dark Lord," a voice croaked. I jumped at the sound, but smugly folded my arms when I saw the Black family house-elf crawling out from the attic.

"Kreacher," I greeted with a faux smile. "How are you?"

"Kreacher liked the quiet. Kreacher likes to be alone. Kreacher likes it when blood-traitors and Muggle-borns are NOT in the noble house of black!"

Tonks looked at me with concern. I twirled my finger by my head to show her the house-elf was nothing but crazy.

"You think you would've cleaned up the place a bit during your years alone," I scoffed, motioning to the mess. "Boggarts in every corner! Master Sirius would be disappointed if he came home to this mess."

"Master Sirius," repeated Kreacher. "Kreacher knows no Master by that name!"

"Sure you don't," I clucked. "If I am correct, he is one of the last heirs to this house! In fact, you may even need to refer to me as Mistress Alexandra!"

"Mistress Alexandra," Kreacher seethed. I took pleasure in seeing his discomfort at the words. I knew he was bound to my every command by ancient law.

"Have you seen your master lately, Kreacher?" I asked, hoping to hear Sirius made an appearance.

"Oh how Kreacher misses Master Regulus," sighed house-elf. He didn't acknowledge any visits from my husband and ignored me. "Kreacher hopes Master Regulus visits again soon."

"Kreacher, Master Regulus is dead," I reminded. Kreacher's pointed teeth formed a snarly grin.

"Kreacher hopes Master Regulus visits again," the elf repeated. Then, the small creatures' fists clenched, and he started to raise his voice. "And Kreacher hopes the BLOOD-TRAITOR AND MUGGLE-BORN WILL NEVER RETURN!"

His yelling reached every corner of the once silent house. I had a feeling his screams were the loudest sound the portraits had heard in years.

"OUT OF MASTER'S HOUSE!" Kreacher shrieked. Kreacher threw a candle holder at my head that I dodged with only milliseconds to spare.