|Epilogue-1: Waffles And Cream|

Start from the beginning

"I can't get it out of my head. Every time I start driving, my mind goes back to what happened. I don't want to think about it but I just can't stop."

"Why don't you think about how you felt like when you first drove a car and try again."

"I don't think that will..."

"Help?",Adrian interrupted me," You won't know what will help until you don't try. Let's try this one last time, okay? I won't pester you again for the rest of the day, I promise."

I reluctantly placed my hands back on the steering wheel. I looked at my watch to see the time. If only I could find a way to stall him long enough, it would be time to go to office and I wouldn't have to drive.

Then, my eyes fell on the date and I found the perfect way to carry out my plan.

"Oh! Adrian, do you know what's today?"

"The day you drive?", Adrian frowned.

I wish!

"Check the date."

He looked at his watch,"Why? It's 2nd March...Oh wow! 2nd. It really has been two months, huh?"

"I know, right? I can't believe you are still here.", I smiled.

"I told you I love you, Nessa and I meant it.", he said, his eyes gleaming with sincerity.

"This must be, what? The longest relationship in your whole life? I can already imagine all the headlines on the tabloids.", I giggled.

Adrian pretended to hold a mic in his hand,"Has the player retired from his game?"

I imitated him," Has he met his coach?"

"Wow! Why should the game continue when I have already won the prize?", Adrian winked.

"Ooh! I guess that seals it. I love you. Very, very much."

Adrian smiled,"I love you too! Well, once we go back in, why don't we celebrate a little?"

"Will you make waffles?",I licked my lips, remembering how delicious they were when he first cooked it on my twenty-fifth birthday, last month.

"Okay...but only if you drive...",he challenged me.

I widened my eyes. I though he'd forget!

"...If you are done trying to stall me.", he smirked.

Damn it!

"Okay, fine. I'll try again.", I sighed as I started the car once again. Before I put my feet on the gas pedal, I turned around to look at him,"Just in case I still mess up..."

"I am in this with you...and trust yourself, you won't."

I took in a deep breath as my heartbeats began quickening.

I nodded.

This was it.

Blake was too far away to ever hurt me again.

Today was a good day too.

What could go wrong?

I just had to think about the first time I drove a car...

Nate had taught me to drive. It was what I had asked for as my sixteenth birthday present. Well, I had actually asked dad but he was too busy so...

Well, I had slipped into Nate's car after dad assured him that if I broke it, he would get a new one of his choice and he was kind of hoping that I would bump into a wall or something.