CHAPTER 56: Shadows Of Yesterday

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to PerksOfBeingAnanya and bhikaria01.

VANESSA

"What do you mean, Bryan?", I asked the third voice.

I had called him later last night, after winding up with Blake.

Last night, when I finally got out of the daze the revelation had put me in and began thinking rationally, I knew what I had to do.

The moment I remembered who I was, the tables turned. I was Vanessa, the same girl who locked Adrian in a sauna like a lunatic, for revenge.

Blake had hurt some of the people closest to me at the moment and I wasn't going to let him get away with that. I was going to show him he messed with the wrong person and I was going to get back at him.

I told Steven what I wanted and he said that if I could get Blake away from his computer, Steven could help.

I agreed and went back in to the restaurant, fixing my make up and getting rid of any signs that revealed the horror I had just witnessed.

I finished my meal and the date with it and went back home. While I was still processing what had just happened, I realised I needed to tell this to someone who was directly related to all of this. I was pretty sure revenge could not be the only motive behind such an elaborate scheme, the motive had to be bigger than that and the only person who could tell me what was going on was someone who knew Adrian and Blake's history.

Charlotte was already mad at me, I didn't want to infuriate her. This was the first time I had seen her being angry and I have no intentions of seeing her like that ever again.

Adrian was not an option. He had told me repeatedly not to be with Blake. If he realised what my stubbornness cost him...I could only imagine.

So I finally decided to tell Bryan. He deserved to know. It took him quite a while to digest what I had said but a few accusations and apologies later, he agreed to help and also to not tell anyone else about it.

And now here I was, trying to clean up the mess I helped create in the first place

"Do you remember Montexo's Aurora project?",Bryan asked me.

"Only a fool wouldn't. It was in the news, everywhere. Aurora - The most ambitious project to ever be taken up in the states. Truth or myth!", I said, recalling the project Montexo's president had taken up in an attempt to make internet - device free. So no routers, no dongles and no need for data packs.

Unfortunately, an year ago, when their software was initiated, it crashed due to a sudden technical failure. It was talked about everywhere, some believed it was a shortcoming on their part while others believed it was a sabotage as many internet companies were weary of this project.

"Please don't tell me that Blake hacked them too.",I said, hoping for dear life.

At this point, I seriously didn't know what all Blake could do. It was just one more thing to add to his list of bad deads and setting a limit would only be underestimating his capability.

Hell! He might even have a gun somewhere and be involved with the mafia. Even worse...he might be a part of the illuminati or be behind what goes down, inside the Bermuda triangle.

I shuddered at the thought.

"Nope. I assure you he couldn't have. If I could track him, the other genius hackers working on the case could, too."