Chapter Ten

Leo ran into the hospital room, panting. He saw Alex sitting up in his bed with Evan, Raven, and Kayla sitting around him. Relief washed over him when Alex smiled at him. He ran over and wrapped his arms around his neck, Alex hugged him, then Leo started crying. Raven shooed everyone else out of the room to leave them alone.

"I heard what happened," Leo cried with his head buried in Alex's neck. "I heard what happened, and I'm pretty sure my heart stopped."

"I'm okay. I wasn't even close to not being okay, I promise." Leo pulled away and smacked him lightly on the shoulder.

"Don't say that! You could've died." Alex reached up and wiped away his tears with his thumbs. Leo sat on the bed next to him, taking his hand in his and kissing his fingers. "Alex, I'm so relieved," he said as more tears started to fall. Alex let him cry, and when he finally stopped, he sat next to the bed smiling at him happy he was okay. Alex told him what he could about what happened, but he was unconscious for the rest. Raven said they found him, and they were flown back immediately, Alex ahead of them. He was sent to surgery, and he had woken up just a few hours before Leo arrived.

While Leo was cutting an apple for him, the door to his room opened. Several bodyguards that worked for Dice walked in soon, followed by President Kim. Alex's eyes widened, wondering how suspicious he would be of him and Leo because Leo was here.

"Uncle," Leo greeted nonchalantly. He turned back to Alex handing him a part of the apple, and that's when he saw his face. "Oh," he leaned forward and whispered, "I told my uncle about us quite a while ago. Here."

"You wha—"

"Agent Barret," the President said, walking to the other side of his bed. "I'm glad to see you're okay."

"Th-thank you, sir," he replied, unable to look at him.

"Leo, I'm going to need to speak to him alone." Leo nodded and gave Alex a kiss on the cheek, which nearly gave him a heart attack, then left the room. Alex felt his face get hot as the president sat in a chair next to him. "Leo was a mess when he heard what happened," the President started. Alex laughed uncomfortably.

"Sorry," was all he could say.

"Why are you apologizing for getting stabbed?"

"I mean, I'm sorry about Leo."

He scrunched his eyebrows.

"Sorry for what? Making him happy? I've never seen him so crazy for someone. And Alex," he looked him in the eye. "you deserve to be happy too."

Alex looked at his boss, his body softening. He gave a nod.

"Thanks."

"Now, I know you've already said this to the agent I sent over earlier, but I need you to tell me everything that happened."

Alex went over the event again, play by play, and told him about the company name. The President nodded throughout the conversation.

"Wilson and the others said the agent was in bad shape when they found you. We brought him back, but I haven't seen him. He had to go to the hospital, he's there now, at a different one of course, and he'll apparently be there for several weeks. Seems we trained you well," The president smiled with some pride. "I'll have the company look into VER. Alex, I want you to take it easy for a while. However long the doctor tells you to take it easy, just take it easy. Don't worry about training or work or anything. You understand?"

Alex nodded, "Yes, sir." He put a hand on Alex's shoulder, giving him a pat before leaving his hospital room. Not long after, Leo returned to his seat next to Alex giving him a big smile.