Chapter 7: Fall

Thorns. Rock. Climb. Accept. Radiate. Collapse. Fall.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There they were, Nova and Y/N slowly approached the crossroads ahead of them. Hazel departed from the group so that he could go home to his town. The atmosphere thickened and there was the faint scent of rotting corpses.

Y/N: "Something's wrong here..."

Nova: "Yeah..."

She observed her surroundings prepared for a surprise attack, but there was nothing. Y/N didn't like the eerie feeling that this place had. Eventually they reached the town, Fall, it was looked deserted, numerous bodies laid there decomposing. Nova covered her mouth in shock of what she saw, the buildings were broken, road was scorched, and a dead man stripped from his clothing was dangling from a house.

Y/N: "They might have supplies, wanna come?"

Nova: "Y-Yeah."

They stopped at what looks to be a shop. surprisingly, food, water, and various things were still there and there wasn't a sign of any break-in. Nova gathered a day of supplies and Y/N took some medical supplies.

Y/N: "It's odd..."

Nova: "What is?"

Y/N: "No one took any of these, why?"

Nova: "Maybe there was a Grimm attack?"

Y/N: "What kind of Grimm could burn the road? Someone did this."

Nova: "Let's not think of that for now."

Y/N: "Right, the sooner we get to the seaport."

They hopped on the wagon again and continued further into the town as Nova organized the supplies. Y/N's Grimm Hand began to rapidly twitch, Nova took a notice to this and pointed it out.

Nova: "Your hand."

Y/N: "Huh?"

At that very moment when Y/N looked down the wagon flipped on it's side and they fell off. The stallion galloped away into the dense fog never to be seen again.
Y/N and Nova got up soaked in mud, he flailed his arms weakly and she sat on a rock with disbelief.

Nova: "How the fuck did the- Oh..."

The road was replaced with hundreds of Beowolves. They hesitantly walked across the frozen Grimm still vigilant in case anything bad were to happen.
Y/N stopped dead in his tracks and Nova bumped into him, he didn't move an inch. Two glowing silver eyes radiated within the mist, it came closer and closer to them followed by metal scrapping against stone.

Nova brought out her weapon and Y/N's hand turned into a sword, the two were afraid but willing to fight.

The fog dissipated and there stood a teenage girl with blood on her right cheek, she had raven hair, a dark green combat skirt, a black sleeveless hoodie, fingerless neon green gloves, and black rubber shoes. She was also hunched over a little and dragged a gigantic katana behind her using only her right arm, the glow in her silver eyes gradually disappeared.

???: "More of you guys?...*groan*...
Don't you ever give up?!"

The entire right side of her body shifted into a suit of armor in a mechanical way. She sliced through a building and sent Y/N flying through numerous buildings, his arm formed a protective barrier letting him survive the damage.