Chapter 1: New Beginnings and Old Memories

"Come here" William says as he pulls me closer towards him. I was so deep in thought I hadn't noticed that I was crying. His embrace is warm and calming.

"Lark" Vivian says as she sits up. "I'm glad you made it. Dean is holding Rosaline, our newest addition to the family."

I walk over to her and give her a hug. "I wouldn't miss this beautiful moment." I say as I pull away. Without thinking much I pull out my camera and begin to take pictures of Dean while he holds the baby.

Sometimes the most beautiful pictures in life, are the ones taken when least except them.

"Promise to send them to me?" Vivian asks with a smile on her face.

"I'll send you physical and digital photos"

William and I stayed at the hospital for as long as possible until visiting hours we over. Once we arrived at the apartment, William goes to get ready for bed while I look through the photos.

Each one is beautiful and precious. Just the thought of the baby seeing the first pictures ever taken of her when she's older makes me want to cry. Dean and Vivian have each been through a lot and I'm happy that they finally got their happily ever after.

"They're beautiful" William says as he hugs me from behind. "And they'll be just as beautiful tomorrow in the morning. C'mon let's go to bed, after all we have a long weekend ahead of us"

He wasn't wrong. Tomorrow morning we had a flight to catch back home. We're suppose to go visit dad and Kayla to finally announce our engagement. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous because in all honesty I was very anxious. I haven't been back home since I left for college. Every time I saw dad and Kayla it was when they came to visit me over here.

After getting ready for bed I slip under the covers and turn off the lamp that rests on my nightstand. William wraps his arms around my torso and pulls me closer towards his chest.

"I love you and don't be nervous about tomorrow. Everything will turn out perfect." William says to comfort me.

Although I try my best I can't help but worry slightly about the unknown. Over time a lot of things change and I was just about to find out how much.

**********

We board the plane getting ready to go back home. I sit on the airplane seat as William puts away our carry on luggage. After winning a coin flip, I got to sit by the window. William sits next to me and places his hand on top of mine without saying a word. I look into his eyes and see warmth and kindness, making all of my worries disappear into thin air.

The drive to my old house was silent as I stared out the window at my old town. Some places looked the same, like the ice cream parlor I often went to, but the people were complete strangers.

We soon arrive home to see dad and Kayla waiting outside for us. They insist on helping us bring our luggage inside. Dad offered to clean up Dean's old room for William to stay in but we insisted that one room would be fine. After all, we were only here for the weekend and I didn't want to make him go through more trouble for us.

William and I drop off our luggage in my room while dad and Kayla fix up dinner. They were very determined to make dinner on their own no matter how much I tried to help them.

William looks around my room which seems more empty than the last time I left it. Ever since my room was trashed after that one party, I never bothered to completely replace everything. After that, the room just looked empty but I guess after I left for college it looked almost abandoned.

"It looks homey right?" I say sarcastically as I pull out my camera and take pictures.

"Did you take everything with you when you left?" William asks as his eyes scan over the whole room.