Ashes (edited)

Wade tiredly climbed through the window of the run-down apartment and stumbled into his room, his clothes were scorched at the seams, his hair singed at the tips, and his lungs still trying to get rid of the smoke that had settled in them. He coughed roughly into his ashen palm—followed with a comedic puff of grey ash—and staggered over to the bathroom, his hand fumbled along the wall and when he found the light switch he flicked on the lights and immediately regretted his decision. A groan slipped passed his lips and he squinted through the light.

His eyes then switched over to the mirror, and suddenly they grew wide at the sight, he stumbled over to the sink in his shock. “No....” He gasped and gripped the edges of the sink as he neared his face towards the mirror. “No, no no no no no!” He screamed with fear lacing his voice and cupped his face in his charred hands.

“Is that fucking acne!?”

His face was covered with a horrible-looking rash, and with that emerged the horrendous pus-filled cyst on his face. He frowned and rose a brow. “What? Oh, you thought I was gonna have a fucked up face right? I know what you're thinking, "but isn't that how it goes in the movie?" well what you don't know is that if you thought for a second I was gonna continue my role in this book with a fucked up face, you thought wrong.” He claimed matter-of-factly.

He then turned his attention back to his reflection and grumbled as he ruffled his head of sandy blond hair. “Damn so much was left out, thanks a lot author, now the readers are conflicted.” He sighed and cringed as he picked at his ruined clothes, pinching the ruined fabric between his fingers. “Ugh gross, infinity war ashes.” He peeled off his shirt and promptly threw it in the trash can, when he returned his gaze to the mirror he was horrified at the millions of bruises and scars littered across his body.

He grimaced at the condition his body was in and pursed his lips when he caught sight of a long gash running up his forearm, fresh and deep, and still bleeding. His mind then drifted to thoughts about Eddie, rather than his bleeding wound, who possibly could've been in the same condition as himself he shied away from the images his sick mind conjured up.

Had he made it out? Was he okay?

Did he survive?...

He shook his head and ignored the voices pecking at the back of his head like vultures at a carcass and instead he stripped himself and climbed into the shower, turning on the water to a lukewarm, and stood beneath the stream where he was left with nothing else but his thoughts. He groaned, and couldn't help but fret and panic over the teen, he truly cared about Eddie, he somewhat reminded Wade of himself when he first started middle school, always the one getting picked on and beat by the bigger kids in class.

“Wade?” A tired voice called from the other side of the bathroom door, the teenager perked up and silently cursed. “I'm in the shower gran!” He called out and scrubbed at his knuckles, ash stained his hands and had found its way beneath his fingernails. “Get out this instant!” The old lady's voice strained with the shout, the teen winced and quickly shut off the water. “I'm going, just hold—” He cut himself short as he gazed at the gash, the torn skin was reattaching itself, closing up the wound entirely on its own.

And slowly, but surely, the wound became nothing more but a faint pink scar on his skin. Wade ran his fingers over the faint line and prodded at it expecting to feel a slight throb, but nothing came. It was fully healed.

“Wade Wilson you best come out this minute!” Gran's voice shook Wade from his stupor. The teen scrambled out of the shower and hurriedly wrapped a towel around his waist before walking out to reunite with his elderly guardian. “Okay! Okay, yes the rumors were true, I'm gay.” He sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. “Well I'm Pan actually but you get the gist. It's been really hard for me to finally accept who I am, but Wolverine just— awoke something within me.” He sniffled dramatically, feigning a hurt expression.