Burn (edited)

“Holy shit, you smell that Francis?” Wade chuckled. “I smell a climax! That and a hint of 'what the fuck just happened?' oh boy this story is just a shit load of fan service.” He laughed as though he wasn't currently incarcerated in a clear Wade-sized tank that could very, possibly, kill him and start what might be his soon-to-be anti-hero origin despite his nonacceptance of the thought.

Francis remained nonchalant, as per usual, a few scratches littered his face and his left eye was a bloody red from where Wade's nails had grated. “You still mad about your face pretty boy? Hey, I warned you didn't I?” Wade chuckled while he admired his work on Francis' face. “That, and I wanted to get payback at Angel lust for choking me like Loki during the first few minutes. Dang, I bet he'd be jealous. I actually lived.” He then winced as Angel slammed a large hand against the tank, looking like an angry dog, teeth bared and nose scrunched, possibly a bit of drool hanging off her lip too.

Wade grinned up at her stupidly. “Whoah! Okay, I get it, still a touchy subject.” He sighed and idly looked around his surroundings, not getting much from where he currently lay. “So like what's gonna happen? I fall asleep and get my mind transferred into an awesome blue alien?” He asked excitedly, Francis pursed his lips, obviously getting fed up with Wade's childish antics—especially after his promised 'bitch fit—.“Keep joking around Wilson, soon you won't be laughing anymore.” He threatened darkly, standing next to Angel who glared down at the bound teen.

Wade seemed completely unfazed by his threat, he held a bored look and sighed tiredly to prove it. “So like, is this it? My final torturing is you threatening me? I'd rather take a full pacer test than listen to you all day.” He huffed, although, in all honesty, he would be lying to himself if he said he wasn't at least a tiny bit scared of possibly dying.

He wasn't scared for himself of course but scared for Eddie, and Gran, and Peter...

Wade pursed his lips—finally falling silent to Francis' surprise—he was positive he had worried poor Peter, and he had to admit that he had grown a liking towards Eddie and his 'little' buddy. How could he even think about leaving them? Sure, Eddie had his symbiote and they had a very good, yet odd, relationship with each other, and Peter was a smart and charming kid, and he basically had the world's most awesome parents a kid could ever have and ask for.

But Gran, the old frail blind woman who had taken him under her wing would be left alone, just like before. It hurt to think about, but with nothing else to do and nothing else to say he was stuck to just thinking and pondering. And if he were being honest with himself, he absolutely hated it, having to finally think, left alone with thoughts he had pushed away with constant jokes and snarky comments. Francis was surprised, to say the least, for he had never seen Wade look so...

Hopeless, and he was actually quiet?

It frightened him a bit, it was unusual for the teen to be so quiet. Had he finally broken him? The man pursed his lips, clenched his teeth, and nodded over to Angel, signaling her to turn on the machine and start the experiment. The teen in the tank gave a small grunt of surprise, the noise had startled him from his thoughts and the feeling of his chest tightening as the oxygen was suddenly sucked out of his lungs made the teen frown. “Well shit.” He gasped, his eyes meeting the doctor's above. “I gotta say, you've outdone yourself Francis, I guess you can say I'm...”

“Absolutely breathless!”

---------------------

“How old are you kiddo?” Eddie asked as he neared the cell to get a better look at the boy inside, in response to their efforts Miles cautiously crawled closer to them. “Nine.” He replied shakily when he had been mere feet away, the only thing separating them was the iron bars in which the bit didn't belong behind. Eddie felt a deep revulsion and hatred towards the people who had dared take a child away from his family. “Miles was it? Listen, I'm gonna get you out of here, but we have to work together and be very careful, okay?” Eddie clarified in a hushed tone.