Interns

Peter was a mystery. None of the interns knew who the the teenager with full clearance to the tower was, nor did they know why he would always appear in the morning, hop in the private elevator, and not reappear til the next morning. No one knew why he would sometimes rush into a lab, grab something, and hurry back out. The interns were getting a bit frustrated.

Peter Stark, however, was just overwhelmed. He had the flu. He knew it, May knew it, Tony just didn't know it. Peter kept going to school because if he didn't, he wasn't allowed to go hang out and invent and tinker with Tony after school. He had no idea why the interns kept giving him dirty looks. He had no idea why Tony insisted that Happy bring him to school instead of him taking the subway. He had absolutely no idea why the head intern would always roll his eyes and keep a close eye on Peter when he ran into a lab for some materials.

Today, Peter woke up with a nasty cough. His flu symptoms seemed to change from day to day. Yesterday his nose would not stop running, and today he was coughing all day. He stuffed a handful of cough drops in his pocket, brushed his teeth, got dressed, and made sure he had everything for school. He rushed out to meet Happy.

School was normal. The most entertaining point was during lunch, when Flash was taunting him with that crude nickname, Peter turned to him and snapped, "come up with a new insult, maybe I'll get offended." Flash didn't have a comeback for that, so he just stomped off.

Happy drove him to the tower after school. Just before Peter got out, Happy grabbed his arm and handed him a small bag. Peter looked at it as he walked inside. There was a small note on the front, reading:

Kid. You're sick. Take care of yourself. :)
-Dad

In the bag there was some cough drops that Peter found worked a lot better (and tasted a lot better) than his dollar store ones, and a bottle of flu medicine. Peter scanned his badge and got in the private elevator, like always. He rode up to the penthouse and was greeted by a cast of Avengers. Bucky, Wanda, Steve, Vis, Sam, Rhodey, Clint, and Nat were all gathered in the living space.

"SURPRISE!"

"Guys, it's not my birthday," Peter laughed.

"Yeah, but me and Clint and Bucky were all on a mission last week, on your real birthday, so we're throwing you a party now." Natasha explained.

It was a small party. Tony came out within a minute with the cake. Vegan chocolate cake.

"Happy birthday to you, you're a hundred and two, you look like a monkey, and you smell like one too!" Sam and Rhodey chanted.

"Sam, Rhodey, we agreed no making fun of Peter at his birthday party." Wanda said casually, but no one wondered why she all of a sudden decided to summon a small ball of magic to play with in her hands. They all sang the birthday song properly, and Peter blew out the candles.

I wish that Scott and T'Challa will make it home safely from their mission, Peter thought as he blew out the candles.

They hung around in the living room for a while, somehow getting to a game of truth or dare.

"Bucky, truth or dare?" Peter shouted.

"Dare," Bucky rolled over from where he had previously been laying facedown on the floor.

"I dare you to kiss the person you find most attractive in this room!"

Vis protectively wrapped an arm around Wanda, and Clint pulled Nat a little closer, but Bucky made a beeline for someone else - Steve. He gave him a quick, unshy, peck on the lips and then moved to return to his seat when Steve grabbed two fistfuls of his shirt and yanked him down to share a deep, passionate kiss. Nat wolf whistled, long and high, and everyone laughed.

Peter realized that everyone was sprawled in a strange position. Nat and Clint were laying over each other forming an X on the couch, Vis was floating cross legged next to Wanda, who had her legs tucked up behind her head. Bucky was laying, now facedown again, on the rug, and next to him Steve was curled up in a ball. Tony was laying sprawled like a starfish on top of Rhodey, who was laying sprawled like a starfish. Sam was sitting in a web hammock Peter had made for him, and Peter himself was just straight up sitting on the ceiling.

When the group finally dispersed, Tony and Peter went down to the lab. They started tinkering with Karen, trying to get her to understand emotions better. Tony needed a very specific screwdriver that was down in the intern lab, and he sent Peter to go get it. When Peter ran into the lab, the head intern finally stepped in.

"Hi," he drawled, sliding straight into Peter's path. "Do you have ID?"

Peter reached for his pocket, only to remember he had taken out his ID before Wanda smashed cake in his face.

"Shit, it's just up in the penthouse, if I could run and-"

"I don't think so. I've heard that before. Get outta here."

Peter kept trying to just shoulder past the annoying man, when finally the intern yelled, "SECURITY!"

Instantly Peter was flanked by armed guards. "Shit." He whispered to himself again. There was yelling all around him, and it just became louder and louder like someone was steadily turning up the volume on Peter's brain. The words echoed around and Peter could not take it. His vision started swimming, the lights got brighter, and all of his senses went into overdrive.

Soon, though, Tony came down to see why Peter was taking so long. He could immediately tell why Peter was taking so long. He picked up Peter off his position where he had gone on the floor, and sent him to the elevator. As soon as the elevator door closed, he could hear Mr. Stark start screaming at the interns and security guards. He only caught a couple words. 'Never,' 'if,' and 'son' were definitely in the mix.

When Tony had come up, about forty five minutes later, Peter had calmed down. "Thanks for standing up for me, dad."

"It's okay, kid. It's all okay now."

My friend keeps telling me to go to sleep cause it's 02:22 but I do t want to but I'm gonna now because my sight is going blurry night guys.