Chapter 5

[A.N: Really very very sorry guyssss.......for being late!! To make up for it, here's a DOUBLE UPDATE :) :D  E.N.J.O.Y]

“Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere they are in each other all along” – Rumi

It was the eleventh day of my life that I was spending without Niall. As tough as it sounds, it was even more difficult to face the situation. I wasn’t only missing him but I was missing my own self. He was a huge inspiration to me apart from encouragement and the version I acquired when I was with him was very dear to me. I loved that version of me. The confident and outright one. I wasn’t completely at a loss of my older self but without him, everything felt incomplete and broken. What kept the hope alive was our love for each other. I knew I loved him unconditionally and he did the same too.

Orient Ad Agency told me that they will send me a confirmation mail by Wednesday. However, the twist lied in the fact that the mail would be send only if I got the job. I have been certain since the time I exited the senior executive’s office on Monday that I will not get the job. I was heartbroken from beforehand and settled my mind to look for new jobs in order to give myself another go.

I spent the whole day chewing off all my nails and splitting my hairs worrying about the result of the interview. I was fatigued to the limit and hence, lied down on the couch all the time. It was so torturous for me to get up that taking a bath also seemed painful. But the thought of stinking somehow drove me to take a long bath where I ended up even washing my long waist-length brunette hair. For lunch, I ordered Chinese food from a nearby restaurant.

It was 4.00 Pm when I took a glance at the wall-clock. I rolled my eyes, gasped, stretched my arms into the air, yawned and finally took a long breath to brush aside my sloth. On turning the television off, I grabbed my mobile and walked to my room. I took the laptop and the dongle before climbing up on my bed. I inserted the dongle in the laptop and folded my legs neatly. After connecting to the internet, I wasted no time in logging into my gmail account and found three written work assignments flashing at the inbox folder. I commenced to write hoping against the hope that this would at least be the last time I do these monotonous assignments.

Anyway, at around 8.30 Pm I finished the assignments. I mailed them to “The Walk” and clumsily lied on my back on the bed. The sheets crushed in the process and generally that would bug me but right now I was too exhausted and saturated with boredom to mind it. I lied against my chest and slid towards the laptop again. I logged into my FB account and found Niall online. I quickly pinged him.

“Hey……J”

“Hi, darling,” he replied soon.

“Whatcha doing?????”

“Just going through some office documents.”

“Woahhh……busy man.” I laughed mildly.

“Hmm….what about you?”

“Just lying down. Will make dinner after sometime.”

“Instant noodles?”

I laughed seeing the message.

“No. I made dough of wheat earlier and there is some leftover of chicken Manchurian from lunch. I’ll make do with those.” I sent.

“Aww…..my baby.”

Suddenly, the gmail account of mine that was opened in another tab flashed, showing the arrival of a new e-mail. My heartbeat increased in a blink of an eye and it accelerated so much that I had to put a hand on my chest. I swallowed and bit my lower lip as I typed, “I think I got a mail from Orient,” and sent to Niall.