For the Sake of Us

Start from the beginning

"Look Suman this is not about Suman or Sumo......"

"This is about it dammit. You asked me to have a lavish wedding for the sake of your family and their reputation. Right, the family of yours whose people never wanted you to return from London and when you did came they were praying everyday for the moment to come fast when you would leave. That family of yours where your father uses you for his reputation by trying to tie you up with rich girls instead of caring for your happiness. That very family of yours where you own brother and your dear chotey never even bothered to ask you about your pains where you were drowning yourself in alcohol. Yes I know everything Shravan. Why should I care about such people? But yeah if Shravan would have asked Sumo to have such a wedding for him, she would have agreed in a blink."

Suman comes out of the car and stands near the trunk of the car while Shravan was lost. He never imagined this. He had predicted she wouldn't agree to marry lavishly thus they will have a court marriage but at this very moment while a 150 meters away from the court premises where the marriage agent and the two supposed witnesses were waiting for him to come, he was laying still and stiff thinking nothing.

Suman comes to his window and knock over it. He looks at her questioningly to which she asks him as to why they were there near the court. He comes out of the car and faces her.

"Actually I sorta knew you would not agree with me so I planned a court marriage. The agent, Preeti and Pushkar are waiting for us inside. "

"Wow! I'm just so astonished. Can you just give me minute to soak into this then we will go and get married okay.?

"Look we don't have to do it now because I just don't know please lets just....."

"No Shravan we will do this. I told you this just a few minutes ago that if you want something then I would never say no. If you so want to become my husband on paper or should I say my 'kagaz k pati' then I'll do that. Tum mere kagaz k pati aur Mai tumhari kagaz ki patni. Its so cool. No wastage of money and time. Even no need for those pompous rings or garlands. Right? Lets go inside. Chalo"

Shravan falls on his knees and was completely stiff. Her words hurt him, pierced through his heart. He was so drowned in his ego and anger that he didn't even had a second thought about his impulsive decision. He was hurt and was hurting her in return. Now he didn't want to have a court marriage but he had to do it. Not for the hatred or his ego but for her. She wouldn't understand him right now but someday she will. He stood up with a determination different this time.

"Shravan !!"

"Lets go inside Pushkar and Preeti are waiting for us."

"Sure."

They go inside the court room where Pushkar was trying to talk to Guptaji but turned to ask Shravan as to what was happening. Shravan was determined for everything to go as he planned.

"Chottey, lawyer hai tu. Do I need to tell you something even after all this?"

"But this is not right. "

"Whats wrong chottey. We are doing what our families wanted, what Suman wanted and what I wanted, Marriage. Guptaji everything ready?"

"Yes sir, here are the forms."

Shravan checks all the forms and papers and signs. Then he asks Sumo to sign the papers as well. She does.

When registrar asks them to exchange rings or garlands whatever. To which Shravan replies that they are a modern couple who don't believe in such things.

When it was all done Shravan asked Pushkar to drop Suman wherever she wants to go. He has an important meeting to attend. He congratulates her calling Mrs. Malhotra. It was said in a mischievous way but it did something to him and her.