For the Sake of Us

Hello everyone! This story was written for 3rd Edkv anniversary ( some of you may have read). Enjoy!

Suman was lost in her thoughts when Prita asks her what had happened. Sumo tells her that her marriage has been fixed with Shravan. She shares to her that even after knowing that they are constantly fighting with each other still there is a small hope in her heart that may be this marriage would bring happiness and peace in both their lives.

She asks Prita does she look like some crazy girl to which Prita replies saying it is good to see her happy and there is no wrong in hoping for happiness when she has already suffered a lot.

Suman informs Prita that she is going to Sadar Bazar and it would take her 2-3 hours to return. Prita assures her that she will handle everything.

Suman comes out of PCT only to find Shravan coming out of his car. He asks her for a minute to talk about what their families have decided.

"Suman, my family wants to have a lavish wedding as you know about all the big people we are connected to. Its the matter of our reputation plus my family's happiness. I know it would cost a lot so if you allow we can manage the expenses."

"Look Shravan I understand your point of view but its about my family too. It would be a matter of shame for them especially Nanu that they couldn't even afford the expenses of the marriage of their daughter. I don't feel good doing that. Can we have a simple and small wedding then your family can have a big lavish reception which would be upto your standards?"

"But Suman you're also going to be a part of Malhotra family. Don't you think it would be a matter of shame for my father too if his only son gets married in a temple without inviting the people who we deal with? Think for my family too."

"Alright, you and I are not discussing what 'WE' want but what our family want then my stance is clear, as I told you."

"Fine. As you wish. You were going somewhere come I'll drop you."

"Okay, I've to go Sadar Bazar".

Shravan and Suman are in car while the silence envelopes them. The silence was short lived when Shravan started speaking.

"You know Suman, people when get married spend years in getting to know each other. But in our case we know each other already in fact I can even predict what you're going to say next. Like I knew that you would not agree to have a lavish wedding. See I know you so well."

"Even after being a lawyer there's no precision in your analysis of a person, Shravan. I don't even know how you could win so many cases. Yes you do know about me but how much 1% or may be 2%. I am Suman, who is independent, values her self respect the most and can do anything for her family. Your prediction about Suman is 100% correct but what about my other personalities. You don't know me Shravan."

"Oh really! I know you from the first day I met you 15 years ago. You have always been like this only. I was the fool who couldn't recognize the real you but now I'm not a fool. "

"What's your definition of 'real me' ? Self centered, selfish, mean, ambitious, manipulative female dog? Right?"

"Suman....." Shravan tries to interrupt her because he might have said so much her in his anger but hearing all that in same sentence as her name sounds so incorrect. He stopped the car with a screech when she cut him off.

"Exactly Shravan. Suman. If I'm only Suman to you then don't you dare get bothered. What do you think if you would have asked for something for 'Shravan' to Sumo she would argue or reject. No. Never. Not even in dream."