I survived a mass murder when I was ten. [part 2]

continuing from part 1

Fuck. That wasn't 'Peter.' I arrived at the public gardens in the city where we were to meet, only to discover it was closed due to high winds and intense flooding. I immediately turned around to exit the area and meet my friend who was perched at a coffee shop window eagerly watching my every move.

"I hope he calls again to reschedule." I said, as I sat down next to Maddy.

"I'm sure he will hun, but in case he doesn't...shouldn't we think about going to the police? Or someone?"

"Yeah I guess that would be the next step."

"There's a station on Queen Street it's like five minutes away." She said as she took a long drink from her iced coffee.

"How can you drink two gallons of that shit and still be alive?" I asked in disgust.

She ignored me.

At this point I'm going to go off topic. A few of you guys commented about the upside down cross being "St. Peters" and upon further research, and contacting an old buddy from where we grew up, I think we're on to something.

I also found out from my buddy that Peters father wasn't a preacher. Because the man in the church that day wasn't his real father. He was adopted by the preacher after his parents were killed in a 'murder-suicide'. His name was changed to Peter on adoption but other than that I don't know what his name used to be or anything else.

I'd also like to point out that the preacher was counted among the dead after the massacre.

Anyway. Maddy and I finished our coffee and walked towards the police station. The wind was fiercely whipping through the street, and the rain was getting worse so we ducked off the main streets and took a few alley ways for more shelter. Big fucking mistake.

Ever get that feeling, doom is imminent? Not like you're being watched or anything... Just a feeling that something is about to take a turn for the worst. Before I realised anything was up though, Maddy grabbed me by the arm and started running back the way we came down the rat runs until we finally crested the Main Street.

"This better not be a sick fucking joke, Jay." She blurted while trying to regain her breath.

"What happened? Why did we run?" I asked, getting more scared and confused.

"Didn't you see them?!" She said as I attempted to light my pre-rolled joint to calm my nerves. I say 'attempted' because my lighter was soaked and I couldn't stop shaking from the cold.

"Urghhh, let's just get off the street first." I said as I led her towards the road. We got into my shitty little Honda two minutes later and I noticed Maddy looking all around us as if expecting someone to pop out and scare us.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked while turning on the heater to full.

"Jay... Promise you're not playing a prank?"

"I fucking promise! Now tell me what's going on!"

She went on to describe two hooded figures that moved strangely, approaching us calmly from the far end of the narrow alleyways, but they also looked very calculating, and she noticed a glinting reflection off of what she could only describe as a curved knife that looked serrated but she couldn't tell because they were quite a distance away.

I'm so scared, I don't know what to think... At the church I can't remember them ever moving in an odd way, I just remember how rhythmically perfect they went about dispatching those people in swathes of blood. She also said their cloaks were not just black but...like, BLACK. Like pools of darkness. And so were their faces.

I have some friends in low places, so I might ask one if they know of any police officers that would be willing to get their hands on the original case file from the church massacre. It's worth a shot at least because at this point I have no idea what's going on. I thought I'd get the answers but now I'm just even more terrified and confused.

I'm going to enlist the help of you guys, on here. So far a few of you have hit the nail on the head and I wouldn't have had the courage to type most of this if it wasn't for the responses received. Just be careful with your researching... I don't want you to be noticed by these guys. If they're even 'guys'. If they really did perform a blood ritual of some kind, what were they trying to summon/achieve?

Something Maddy has pointed out is that the three guys that died protecting me and that woman and Peter...? They were 'mauled' to death... But by what? There's too many variables, I need to eliminate some of the theories to get to the bottom of it all. As always, stay safe guys, be careful with your research and for god sake, don't go to fucking church.