I was a "hot single near your area"

by MarinaMonster

If you have ever visited porn sites, you know those "hot singles near your area" ads. You probably also know how fake they are - those women in the pictures are not actually near your area, they are just stock photos from foreign escort sites. You probably know all this well enough not to waste your time clicking those ads.

If you were, however, to click them, a chat window would open and you could choose which girl you want to chat with. At first, the chat is free, but soon it would require signing up. Then you would have to pay for every minute you spend chatting with the girl of your choice.

I know this, because I was one of these girls.

Six years ago, I was a student and always short of money. My friend Shannon told me that he had discovered a super easy way to make money. "It's not like you're whoring or anything. It's completely anonymous, they don't know who they're chatting with. Half of us are actually guys! You just have to pretend you're some Nikki or Samantha next door. It's kind of fun actually. And the company pays really good money, you can work from home and choose how many hours you work per week. All you have to do is dirty talk with some guys you're never going to meet in real life."

At first I wasn't that into the idea. It felt like cheating. But then I wondered if someone actually believed that "singles near their area" were real? Of course not. It was just a fantasy. It was like writing erotic fiction in real time. And getting paid for it. So I let Shannon sign me up.

The system was simple. The first chat, the free one, was a bot. After the user signed up and started to pay, he got to chat with real people (that was us). Our job was to try to keep them online as long as possible.

At first it was kind of fun. I got really creative while playing "Sally" (a shy college girl who was desperate for money), "Kaylee" (a nerdy girl with classes, super kinky and flexible) and "Rhonda" (A curvy black girl, compassionate and motherly).

It was hilarious and I soon stopped feeling any kind of shame from doing it. Clearly my customers were enjoying themselves, and since I remained anonymous to them, I had no risk of ruining my future career - I figured I would just leave this thing out of my future CV. The money was surprisingly good, as Shannon had told me, and since I got to choose my working hours, it felt like a perfect choice for someone like me, who also had to study a lot.

Of course there were downsides too. As you could imagine, some guys weren't actually vanilla. I was by no means virgin, but I got to explore some stuff that I hadn't even known existed. There were the overly violent ones, who wanted to really hurt their partner (or get hurt). Then there were those who wanted me to play a 13-year-old. And then there were guys that were into even sicker stuff.

I don't feel like repeating those things here, but I just want you to know that it wasn't always sunshine and rainbows. Some chats left me really uncomfortable and at times I didn't know whether I should just log out and ditch a paying customer, or keep going. But I kept telling myself that it was all just a kind of a game, a legal and harmless way for these guys to act on their fantasies. It was just talking, they weren't really hurting anyone. Usually I played along and the more I did it, the easier it became. To my own surprise I soon found myself chatting casually about playing with knives and kicking someone's balls.

After a year in the job it became really rare to be actually surprised. There were mostly three kinds of customers: the big majority that wanted "normal" dirty talk, the lonely ones that were more in need of a friend or a therapist (they usually just wanted to talk about ordinary stuff) and the super kinky ones. I soon learned to deal with all of them.